Shore excursions for the June 2018 British Isles/French Open cruise

KarenS

I can see on my cruise planner that some excursions are listed for my June 2018 cruise. There only seems to be a few in some of the ports. Closer to the cruise do they add more excursions? For example, the port of La Havre/Paris only has 2 excursions to Paris. Both appear to be identical to me :rolleyes: I am hoping more will be added?

I was on the same cruise this year and the vast majority of people did private excursions and transfers into Paris. Many people overnighted in Paris which was part of a two day tour including return to ship.

If you are interested in Normandy, I highly recommend Overlord Tours.

We are on that sailing and I think they may add a few excursions but many are planning to go the Paris via the train. Come join us on the Roll Call we are a friendly & helpful group :)

We were on the British Isles/French open cruise this year. We formed a group of 8 from our roll call for our overnight in Paris. We had a private tour company who designed a tour for us. They picked us up in LeHarve (we were gone long before any Celebrity tour) spent the first day touring Paris including Notre Dame and the Louvre. They helped us book dinner cruise on the Seine. Next day we were first group to tour the Eiffel Tower and then went onto Versailles. We got back to the ship around 8:00 pm.

We saw more than anyone who tried to do Paris on their own and didn't have to worry about train schedule or wait for large groups to return to 50 passenger bus.

Celebrity does offer transportation to/from Paris for those who want to overnight in Paris. However, the bus leaves mid morning and picks up at 4:00 pm the next day. We were in Paris by mid morning!! and left Versailles at 6:00 pm. Our tour was all inclusive -- transportation, admission and personal guide for two days. It did not include dinner cruise & hotel.

We are on that sailing and I think they may add a few excursions but many are planning to go the Paris via the train. Come join us on the Roll Call we are a friendly & helpful group :)

Hi Jelayne,

I can no longer find the roll call for the June 7, 2018 British Isles French Open Dublin to Amsterdam cruise. :*

Can you help me locate it?:halo:

Joanne

• 3 weeks later...

It's there I checked it this a.m.

Go to the main Roll Call section of CC, select Celebrity, then Eclipse. They are not listed in date order so keep looking till you see it. Starts" June 7".

Alternately go to the Find Your Roll Call link st the top of the page and follow that.

• 2 months later...

Hi, we are Stephanie & Dave from Fallbrook, CA & also booked for the Celebrity Eclipse cruise 6/7/18 and planning on staying the night. If anyone has a group that has hired a private driver we are interested in joining. Already have a nice room booked for the night, just need to set up the train or or other transportation. The cruise is charging an outrageous amount for the DIY overnight. I can be reached by email at eightpac1@gmail.com if anyone has any suggestions or looking to fill a group etc.... Will look for the board mentioned above. Already joined a roll call and hope that I joined the correct one.

• 2 months later...

Hello from Malcolm & Michèle Campbell in Ottawa, Canada.

We have just arranged a private tour on Sun 10 June from Le Havre to the Canadian WW1 memorial at Vimy. (http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/rememb...ar/france/vimy)

This is a three hour drive from the ship so is an all day venture. We are looking for two other couples, Canadian or other interested couples to join us. Cost is 100€ per person, plus tolls and probably buy the driver lunch.

We contacted the driver from a highly recommended Cruise Critic member.

If interested please drop me an email at: macc@me.com

I have also posted this on the Roll Call site