Disney's ship looked great!

geocruiser

Hi,

We were on Explore of the Seas this week. While in Nassau a Disney ship was dock next to us. I think it was the Dream. From the outside the ship looked so clean. The hull was beautiful. It looked like a class act. The were cleaning the window to get the salt off. The ship looked well kept. It looked so nice my DH (a senior) wants to go on Disney. Now we have to work on it! Thanks Disney for letting me see you beautiful ship up close.

..... it was the Dream. From the outside the ship looked so clean. The hull was beautiful. It looked like a class act. The were cleaning the window to get the salt off. The ship looked well kept. ....

Some of the best kept mainline ships at sea IMO.

That's one of DCL's brilliant sales tactics. Lots of maintenance in ports so other vessel pax can see. Although truly unnecessary as each vessel stands on its own.

What ship would you like to sail on, given the choice of the three or four in port? :D

The answer is ubiquitous generally if, .....

If you think the outside looked great, wait until you see the inside! Gorgeous! Every detail carefully thought out.

I concur. The new builds are like the Ritz at sea, IMO.

The Germans truly know how to build a masterpiece given a DCL wallet. :D

Some of the best kept mainline ships at sea IMO.

That's one of DCL's brilliant sales tactics. Lots of maintenance in ports so other vessel pax can see. Although truly unnecessary as each vessel stands on its own.

What ship would you like to sail on, given the choice of the three or four in port? :D

The answer is ubiquitous generally if, .....

I concur. The new builds are like the Ritz at sea, IMO.

The Germans truly know how to build a masterpiece given a DCL wallet. :D

The two ships sailing from Port C. that I am looking at are Magic and Fantasy. We will be two young at heart seniors traveling. Which should we choose? Both ships look nice on Disney's web site, one seems smaller and older than the other. Which ships do you think has better food? Does the newer ship feel crowded? Last night I E-mailed my TA and ask here to start looking at Disney for us.

Like I said Disney was docked next to us, and the ship was beautiful. The outside was so well kept and clean, it looked like a Diamond all clean and neat.

Hi,

We were on Explore of the Seas this week. While in Nassau a Disney ship was dock next to us. I think it was the Dream. From the outside the ship looked so clean. The hull was beautiful. It looked like a class act. The were cleaning the window to get the salt off. The ship looked well kept. It looked so nice my DH (a senior) wants to go on Disney. Now we have to work on it! Thanks Disney for letting me see you beautiful ship up close.

We have been on 4 NCL cruises in the last 4 years. The last three cruises we were parked next to a Disney ship. Took numerous pictures of them. We were in a Haven suite so we had a birds eye view of them. We decided there and then to take a Disney Cruise. A week after we got back we booked a B2B on the Dream. ( 4 days was not enough for us). Leaving January 26th in Concierge. In our 60's, no children, but love Disney. Booked 3 days after the cruise in Port Orleans Riverside.

Can't wait to see the ship inside.

The two ships sailing from Port C. that I am looking at are Magic and Fantasy. We will be two young at heart seniors traveling. Which should we choose? Both ships look nice on Disney's web site, one seems smaller and older than the other. Which ships do you think has better food? Does the newer ship feel crowded? Last night I E-mailed my TA and ask here to start looking at Disney for us.

Like I said Disney was docked next to us, and the ship was beautiful. The outside was so well kept and clean, it looked like a Diamond all clean and neat.

I've cruised the Magic and the Fantasy, most recently September 2014 Magic (this is important because it is after the huge dry dock "re-imagining). She was out of service for 6 weeks while they did major projects.

My personal preference is the Magic; my next 3 booked cruises are Magic. Yes, the Fantasy is more high tech and more fancy...but she's also more crowded and over-run with pre-teens. You know, those old enough to be allowed to run the ship without parental supervision but too young to remember their manners, clean up after themselves, and follow rules.

You can't go wrong with either of the two but we find the Magic to be warmer and friendlier and it is the right size for us. I'd also consider ports and prices before deciding.

I've cruised the Magic and the Fantasy' date=' most recently September 2014 Magic (this is important because it is after the huge dry dock "re-imagining). She was out of service for 6 weeks while they did major projects.

My personal preference is the Magic; my next 3 booked cruises are Magic. Yes, the Fantasy is more high tech and more fancy...but she's also more crowded and over-run with pre-teens. You know, those old enough to be allowed to run the ship without parental supervision but too young to remember their manners, clean up after themselves, and follow rules.

You can't go wrong with either of the two but we find the Magic to be warmer and friendlier and it is the right size for us. I'd also consider ports and prices before deciding.[/quote']

I was thinking Magic too, because of its size. DH hips and my back at times are not the best and this ship seems to be a good size. There will be walking but not as much as on Fantasy.

You can somewhat decrease your walking with smart cabin selection. For example, if you are 2 adults alone (no kids), the adult only areas of the Magic are located forward--spa, fitness center, adult pool, nightclub area. Also, the main theater is forward as are the shops. OK, Palo restaurant is at the aft, but you'll only go there once or twice. We prefer sit down meals, which are basically midship. So by choosing a midship or forward cabin, you WILL have to go aft for some restaurants, but you're more likely to save steps when going to various adult places.

You can't eliminate walking as the buffet (Cabanas), the beverage station, and 2 of the main dining rooms are aft...but think about what YOU will do on the ship and where those things are located.

You can somewhat decrease your walking with smart cabin selection. For example' date=' if you are 2 adults alone (no kids), the adult only areas of the Magic are located forward--spa, fitness center, adult pool, nightclub area. Also, the main theater is forward as are the shops. OK, Palo restaurant is at the aft, but you'll only go there once or twice. We prefer sit down meals, which are basically midship. So by choosing a midship or forward cabin, you WILL have to go aft for some restaurants, but you're more likely to save steps when going to various adult places.

You can't eliminate walking as the buffet (Cabanas), the beverage station, and 2 of the main dining rooms are aft...but think about what YOU will do on the ship and where those things are located.[/quote']

Thank you for the helpful hints. On good days we can walk miles, on a bad day not far at all. So I will plan for a bad day, just in case.

;)I can only offer information for the Fantasy as this was our first, but, NOT our last Disney cruise.

As to your impression of the cleanliness of the ship, I will attest that at no time day or night items were not being cleaned. My Son-in-Law announced after our trip that even though this was his first and only cruise, he will never cruise another line. Granted he is a major pain when it comes to germs, but, he is right. From the constant cleaning of all public areas including even all of the deck chairs to the pressure washing of the decks AND the complete outside of the ship in ports there was never a fear of closed in contamination.

As to the children on board--I was told that we had around 1500 in the infant to teen range and rarely even noticed. I was bumped by many more adults then the children.

I know your concern about the size of the ship as mobility and me don't mix well these days. I use a rollator and managed to get around pretty good. Our cabin was in the very far front of the ship and of course the dining rooms are at the back which did cause me to take a short sit down break of a minute or two, but, all in all no problem. I met a couple in their early 80's that have cruised Disney over 20 times including 5 without family an their mobility consisted of one using a rollator and the other a scooter so please don't let mobility be a negative.

;)I can only offer information for the Fantasy as this was our first, but, NOT our last Disney cruise.

As to your impression of the cleanliness of the ship, I will attest that at no time day or night items were not being cleaned. My Son-in-Law announced after our trip that even though this was his first and only cruise, he will never cruise another line. Granted he is a major pain when it comes to germs, but, he is right. From the constant cleaning of all public areas including even all of the deck chairs to the pressure washing of the decks AND the complete outside of the ship in ports there was never a fear of closed in contamination.

As to the children on board--I was told that we had around 1500 in the infant to teen range and rarely even noticed. I was bumped by many more adults then the children.

I know your concern about the size of the ship as mobility and me don't mix well these days. I use a rollator and managed to get around pretty good. Our cabin was in the very far front of the ship and of course the dining rooms are at the back which did cause me to take a short sit down break of a minute or two, but, all in all no problem. I met a couple in their early 80's that have cruised Disney over 20 times including 5 without family an their mobility consisted of one using a rollator and the other a scooter so please don't let mobility be a negative.

Thank you for the info. I do use a cane for balance. And at times can't get out of the way to fast. Other days when feeling good I could take off running. My agent said it is a little pricey in the winter. But we might still do it.

Thank you for the info. I do use a cane for balance. And at times can't get out of the way to fast. Other days when feeling good I could take off running. My agent said it is a little pricey in the winter. But we might still do it.

Tell your agent to check again--until Valentine's day, winter is one of the most affordable times. There are currently some great specials for 2015! There are many dates that you can do 7 nights on the Magic in an inside cabin for under $1800 for 2 people including all taxes, etc. For under $2500, you can do a balcony. That's higher than some other lines, but not bad for Disney.

Tell your agent to check again--until Valentine's day' date=' winter is one of the most affordable times. There are currently some great specials for 2015! There are many dates that you can do 7 nights on the Magic in an inside cabin for under $1800 for 2 people including all taxes, etc. For under $2500, you can do a balcony. That's higher than some other lines, but not bad for Disney.[/quote']

I saw the ones in Jan, but we have two cruises booked that month. So, it will have to be Feb. Just have to get DH on board!

Feb. 1 and 7 have the same rates as quoted above. The rates rise on the 14th.

I am looking at the Feb. We just came back from a cruise on 12/18 and with two more in Jan, we need a break in between the Jan. cruises and the next cruise to be book. But thank you for telling me about the 2/1 & 2/7 cruise. We may just have to pay the price.