Cheapest Option to Just Enjoy the Beach

ElizabethR25

My husband and I are cruising on the Carnival Dream on Oct 1 and our first stop is Cozumel. All I really care about is enjoying a day on the beach with some food options nearby for when we get hungry. Is there a cheap option for this? Beach chairs and umbrellas would be nice but aren't a must.

for a larger beach, look into Paradise Beach. $3 admittance the PAYGO for food/drink/watertoys access, etc.

for a closer by small beach with good snorkeling and no entry fee, the Money Bar is a good option.

for absolutely barebones, bring your own towel, no taxi, no entry fee, bars and food only a short walk away, there is a "beach" at Puerta Maya where the Dream docks. Not my idea of a beach, Caribbean waters, or great view, but it is a beach that you can use.

The cab fare to most of the beach clubs (Paradise Beach, Sanchos, Play Mia, Nachi, etc.) will run about $17 each way; that fare covers up to 4 passengers, so if you pair up with others from your roll call it would only be $17 r/t.

If you don't need a sandy beach you can taxi to the Money Bar for about $11 each way - no sandy beach, you enter the water via steps and the snorkeling from the shore is very good. Great facilities, food, drinks & service.

We did Paradise Beach - Taxi $15 for 4 people - $3 per person entry fee - Inflatable water toys $18 per person ( they asked us to order $10 per person food - which we did, but it they really don't have a way to monitor how much you spend)