Getaway dining decision

Hi everyone! I am completely new to cruising and have been loving all the great advice on here preparing for my first trip on NCL Getaway.. except now I'm feeling really overwhelmed! Especially with dining, my cousin and I both want to try specialty dining but on a limited budget. Looking through menus and reviews, we go back and forth on our "top picks".

If you could only pick one specialty restaurant on Getaway, which would you choose? At the most, we could try two.

I agree with the previous posters Cagney's would be my top choice. We tried LeBistro but preferred Cagney's. The food in Tropicana and the Garden Cafe was very good so don't go out of pocket if your on a budget the food on the ship that is included is very good...

We have eaten at specialty restaurants in the past (they were very good. Especially le bistro) and decided to not to eat specialty last summer on getaway. The food in the MDR was fantastic! Save your money for excursions and fun and eat at the MDRs. We did splurge for the illusionarium and had a great dinner/show experience.

Edited by jkantrow

It should probably depend on your personal favorite type of food.

My personal favorite (if I could only eat at one specialty restaurant) would be Ocean Blue (a la carte) - the Dover Sole was delicious. But if you're not a big seafood fan then you'd probably have a terrible evening ;)

If you like steak then go to Cagney's

If you like French/Bistro food then check out Le Bistro

If you're looking for something more casual but still pretty good (IMO!) Shanghai noodles

If you don't have a Teppanyaki place close to you and/or you love garlic check out the Teppanyaki restaurant

If you'd enjoy more of an "experience" then go to The Illusionarium (esp on the first night as you get a discount) and enjoy caprese salad, filet and shrimp and dessert plus pretty awesome magic.

Thanks for everyone's response! Wishing I wasn't so indecisive, thinking Cagney's may be the winner :)

If your budget is tight definitely wait until you're onboard to choose. Carney's has the highest extra fee. Choosing something else may allow you to try two places. O'Sheehan's has a prime rib meal that is complimentary. If you still need your steakhouse fix go for it, but you'll have nice complimentary options too.