Seven Corners Experience

Markanddonna

I would like to share my experience (mostly just fine)

- I was on a TA in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and needed to see a doctor pronto- my first UTI ever. I went to the medical center and the doctor saw me, did some lab tests and prescribed the meds. The total for everything: visit, lab test and two meds was about $165.

- Once home, I put through the paperwork to Seven Corners who instructed me first to go through my own insurance. After all the paperwork was processed and I called to find out what the delay was, my medicare supplemental paid $80 of the $165.

I then called Seven Corners to find out what the hold up was on their end and received an email yesterday that I should expect a check in the mail soon for the balance. I'm not sure if I would have heard from them if I did not stay diligent.

A few take aways- you really don't know what anyone will pay until you go through the experience. So DON'T REPLY ON A SATISFACTION SURVEY IF YOU PAID BUT NEVER USED THE TRAVEL INSURANCE. Most of the reviews are written like this: glad I had it, never used it. Not helpful, folks!

I was impressed with the medical staff onboard the Vision of the Seas. I was also surprised that the cost was quite moderate!

I thought that my Medicare supplemental couldn't be used outside the USA. Not true! Urgent care and emergencies were on my policy.

How was Seven Corners? I needed to stay diligent and do follow ups. Not for the faint-of-heart. I'll report back if I DON'T receive a check soon!

• 4 months later...

Seven Corners failed me. They also wanted to make me jump through 12 hoops of fire to get reimbursed. I had purchased a comprehensive policy with pre-existing medical coverage intact.

My mother died of natural causes after I made deposits for our upcoming cruise vacation. Even though I submitted a death certificate stating that she died of natural causes, Seven Corners wanted me to obtain several statements from her previous doctors regarding her past medical care. I didn't know who her doctors were, I didn't live with her! How was I going to obtain these statements from her old doctors.

Needless to say, I couldn't complete the paperwork and wasn't reimbursed. I ended up losing $400 in deposits. Can you imagine the huge financial loss I would have endured if we were already on our vacation and this happened? For that reason, I will never use Seven Corners again. Not dependable in my time of need.

Seven Corners failed me. They also wanted to make me jump through 12 hoops of fire to get reimbursed. I had purchased a comprehensive policy with pre-existing medical coverage intact.

My mother died of natural causes after I made deposits for our upcoming cruise vacation. Even though I submitted a death certificate stating that she died of natural causes, Seven Corners wanted me to obtain several statements from her previous doctors regarding her past medical care. I didn't know who her doctors were, I didn't live with her! How was I going to obtain these statements from her old doctors.

Needless to say, I couldn't complete the paperwork and wasn't reimbursed. I ended up losing $400 in deposits. Can you imagine the huge financial loss I would have endured if we were already on our vacation and this happened? For that reason, I will never use Seven Corners again. Not dependable in my time of need.

The term "natural causes" does not rule out pre-existing conditions which may be excluded from your coverage. Not all deaths from "natural causes" are covered. And not all pre-existing conditions are covered by the pre-existing condition waiver. So it's not unreasonable that they want more info. If you feel they are being unreasonable you can always contact your state's department of insurance to get their opinion. it's a no-cost service paid for by your tax dollars. If they agree that you have provided enough info to make a proper claim decision that's what will happen.

While I personally am not a fan of Seven Corners, I don't see where they required any different information that any other insurance would also require. As suggested, if you feel they were wrong, file an appeal or a complaint with your state's Department of Insurance.