Upper or Lower Brittania

Sunnystone

When I was on QM2, i was assigned to the lower Brittania DR area and was quite pleased with the spaciousness of the venue. The upper level was three tiers; being on the first tier--by the rail--would, for me, be satisfactory. But, I am not sure I would like the second or third tier.

Since we didn't know the hip the first time I never filled that selection out on the personalizer. We were on the lower level in a quiet spot and we liked it so much we hope we get it again in Nov. We also had asked for a table for 8 and got one for 4, so I don't know how much they follow those requests. Wherever you are it's an awesome room...

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

When I was on QM2, i was assigned to the lower Brittania DR area and was quite pleased with the spaciousness of the venue. The upper level was three tiers; being on the first tier--by the rail--would, for me, be satisfactory. But, I am not sure I would like the second or third tier.

I have sat on the highest level near a window,the lowest level near the taperstry and the lowest level again near a window !

I prefer tht first Two !

We usually sit downstairs in Britannia. The larger tables on port or starboard near the windows are particularly nice.

However, for the first time last July we had a terrific table upstairs near a window and we really enjoyed this experience. Personally, I much prefer sitting upstairs, it is much quieter and more intimate than the more sprawling lower level.

Plus if you're seated upstairs for dinner you will still enjoy the lower level during the rest of your meals throughout the day.

Cruiserking

Thanks very much Penny!

Nice to be back in good old Cunard Land. Pass me a biscuit and I'll see you in the Commodore Club.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Good old Cunard land has some interesting characters...join the fun! There's plenty of biscuits to go around!! And the Commodore Club sounds perfect to me...how about Nov 10th??? :D

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

Casshew,

There are entrances at the upper level as well. I'm fairly certain there are three upper and three lower, so depending where your table is, you can go directly there instead traipsing the entire Britannia.

Of course it is terribly dramatic to make the grand entrance from the center stairwell, especially on formal night.

Jonathan

On my personaliser (we just booked today, WOO HOO!), there's a box for Upper, but not for Lower. If I leave it unchecked, does that mean I get a table on the lower level?

I didn't remember seeing an option for upper Britannia dining when I looked on my voyage personaliser (.co.uk), so I looked on .com and there is was! You'd think that they would be the same (- what am I saying ... this is Cunard!:p ).

Another addition on the .com version which is not on .co.uk is the "I'd like to celebrate the following birthday:" which appears to allow you to select the name of a passenger on your booking together with one of the dates which fall within your voyage.

If they spent less time doing the same thing in different ways, they'd have more time to do some of the things they don't!

I didn't remember seeing an option for upper Britannia dining when I looked on my voyage personaliser (.co.uk), so I looked on .com and there is was! You'd think that they would be the same (- what am I saying ... this is Cunard!:p ).

Another addition on the .com version which is not on .co.uk is the "I'd like to celebrate the following birthday:" which appears to allow you to select the name of a passenger on your booking together with one of the dates which fall within your voyage.

If they spent less time doing the same thing in different ways, they'd have more time to do some of the things they don't!

Good call--I don't see why there isn't just one computer system, it should be easier to set it up that way? The US version seems to be linked to Princess's voyage personalizer--it knew our passport numbers already, and the Princess system has them saved from our previous voyages with them. It also looks just like the Princess system, just without some of the bells and whistles. On the Princess system, you can book shore excursions online, and you can note an anniversary or a graduation as well as a birthday.

Good call--I don't see why there isn't just one computer system

Could it be something to do with the price difference between the US and the UK at the moment? I would not be overly surprised to see them change to one system when the prices become more comparable next year.:)

Good call--I don't see why there isn't just one computer system, it should be easier to set it up that way? The US version seems to be linked to Princess's voyage personalizer--it knew our passport numbers already, and the Princess system has them saved from our previous voyages with them. It also looks just like the Princess system, just without some of the bells and whistles.

Yes, but the online booking system is actually the P&O system! It seems to be used for P&O, Princess, Ocean Village and Cunard.

Wouldn't life be so much less interesting if all the systems were able to talk to each other?

David

I didn't realize it was used for P&O and Ocean Village too--that makes sense, since P&O and Princess were together before the Carnival merger. I'm wondering if it's just taking them some time to merge the two computer systems together. My husband the IT guy tells me it's more complicated than one would think.

I didn't realize it was used for P&O and Ocean Village too--that makes sense, since P&O and Princess were together before the Carnival merger. I'm wondering if it's just taking them some time to merge the two computer systems together. My husband the IT guy tells me it's more complicated than one would think.

Speaking as a fellow "IT Guy", there is more to it than simply the systems. Often the "Keyboard to Seat interface" proves to be the most problematic!;)

David

Speaking as a fellow "IT Guy", there is more to it than simply the systems. Often the "Keyboard to Seat interface" proves to be the most problematic!;)

David

DH calls it a PEBKAC error...Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. :D

Archived