Aurora Australis loading at Hobart

23rpj89.jpg

Took this from Diamond Princess , they were busily loading Aurora Australis with all kinds of goods , for their next trip down south.

How exciting to see this small ship, thinking of its pending journey and destination.

The first Antarctic Division trip does not seem to be scheduled until September.

I think it is off-charter from ADD and could be leased to another user.

(for my research work, I only get to go to the HQ in Hobart, not to the big white place)

Edited by Docker123

The photo would have been taken last summer when DP was down under. The Aurora is hibernating the winter months round the corner in Sullivans Cove along with along the the French Antarctic vessel Astrolabe.

Great photo - I can see my house right on the waterfront just obscured by 2nd bridge pylon out from shore.

Visitors to Hobart next summer will see some changes around the docks with a new hotel just starting construction next to the cruise terminal and a new floating ferry pier (Mona ferry etc) with shops/restuarants also being buit now and hopefully ready for summer.

Yes indeed, sorry for any confusion , we were in Hobart in December last year . Note to self, put dates on when sharing photos ! Cheers, Buzz.

She was also in Harbour whilst we were there in April this year on the Pacific Pearl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums