My time dining reservations

We are sailing Nov. 15th on Oasis and dining reservations just opened up this week.....I just got on and attemted to reserve for our group of 6 and the only restaurants that come up are the "upcharge" restaurants. So I thought we could place a reservation for my time dining for the first night on line....?? Am I mistaken.....?? If I can't, then I guess we have to get to the dining venue once on board or call to reserve that first night....?? Thanks for your help......:)

We are sailing Nov. 15th on Oasis and dining reservations just opened up this week.....I just got on and attemted to reserve for our group of 6 and the only restaurants that come up are the "upcharge" restaurants. So I thought we could place a reservation for my time dining for the first night on line....?? Am I mistaken.....?? If I can't, then I guess we have to get to the dining venue once on board or call to reserve that first night....?? Thanks for your help......:)

Keep watching the website. The MTD reservations might not open at the same time as specialty restaurant reservations.

When I go into the dining reservation part of the Oasis planner (September), I have to scroll down that page to see the MTD option. The option also appears in the drop down box at the top of the page. Has anyone on your roll call been able to reserve times yet? It may still be too early.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Well, that's how I found out dining reservations were open....on our roll call. I asked this question there as well......maybe it's just the upcharge venues right now. Thanks:)

Nope I am on the same cruise and MTD is there.image.jpg.d6f91d06159ddfe3569850077b9673ac.jpg

I'm confused.. :confused: I'm new to this cruising thing,, I thought the whole purpose of the MTD was so you don't have to be locked into a specific time like with a reservation and you can show up at anytime to eat, you just may have to wait a little bit to get seated and the reason being you might not know from one day to the next when you feel like going for dinner. Does the MTD dining selection require you to make reservations for everynight in advance or can you also just show up whenever you want to eat? I hope we don't have to get locked into choosing a specific time everynight as that would defeat the whole purpose of selecting the MTD if you still have to get holed into specific time frames in which you must eat.

Edited by tpadul

I'm confused.. :confused: I'm new to this cruising thing,, I thought the whole purpose of the MTD was so you don't have to be locked into a specific time like with a reservation and you can show up at anytime to eat, you just may have to wait a little bit to get seated and the reason being you might not know from one day to the next when you feel like going for dinner. Does the MTD dining selection require you to make reservations for everynight in advance or can you also just show up whenever you want to eat? I hope we don't have to get locked into choosing a specific time everynight as that would defeat the whole purpose of selecting the MTD if you still have to get holed into specific time frames in which you must eat.

So does MTD just allow to make a reservation for a different time everynight instead of the traditional dining where you are given a specific time say 6pm every night of the cruise or can you just simply show up to dinner whatever time you want between 6 and say 8:30pm?

You are not required to make reservations for MTD. You can show up whenever you want. You can also make a different reservation every night if you wish.

You are not required to make reservations for MTD. You can show up whenever you want. You can also make a different reservation every night if you wish.

That's the joy of the whole arrangement.... you have the choice in all respects.... the MDR staff may prefer otherwise but the whole tenet is to give the guest control of when and where they eat.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Ah.. OK!! Whew that's good news!! Thanks, for a minute there I got really confused.

Ah.. OK!! Whew that's good news!! Thanks, for a minute there I got really confused.

Bear in mind that when you get on the ship, you might be urged to make reservations. Again, it's your choice, you don't have to make reservations.

Bear in mind that when you get on the ship, you might be urged to make reservations. Again, it's your choice, you don't have to make reservations.

OK thank you so much for this info!! We will be on our honeymoon and just want to take our time, play things by ear and see when we want to eat. Since we already know we will be off the ship at every port (5 ports) we know that we will be staying out until we have to be back on at the end of the day, want to be able to shower and relax before we decide when and what time we want to go find dinner someplace. We are very casual kind of people and don't really want all the fancy stuff, so we might even be happy with buffet dinners some nights and maybe if there are formal dress nights on the cruise those might be the nights we go find the buffet dinner or just order room service and stay in.

Well, that's how I found out dining reservations were open....on our roll call. I asked this question there as well......maybe it's just the upcharge venues right now. Thanks:)

I just looked again, if you are clicking on Dinning scroll down more. MTD is at the very bottom and if you don't scroll all the way down you would miss it.

This is good news. We'll be doing MTD for the first time on Liberty in March. It will just be my daughter and I, and we plan on taking it day-by-day. Is it fairly easy to be seated if you're a party of 2? Do they seat you with other people, like lunch or breakfast in the MDR?

This is good news. We'll be doing MTD for the first time on Liberty in March. It will just be my daughter and I, and we plan on taking it day-by-day. Is it fairly easy to be seated if you're a party of 2? Do they seat you with other people, like lunch or breakfast in the MDR?

Yes it will be easy. You may have to wait a few minutes to be seated especially if you go at a busy time. If there is a table for 2 available you may get it, if not you would sit with others.

My cruise document says that you can reserve My Time Dining reservations in the Main Dining Room approx. 90 days before cruise.