Luggage Direct?

RCI offers a Luggage Valet service which sounds very similar to what you have described but this is very much dependent on your ship, itinerary and airline.

Maybe if you could give some more details, someone would be able to give you specific information :)

Jo

Edited by jo24

We used luggage direct on HAL. It was wonderful not having to worry about luggage leaving the ship and finding it waiting for us when we got to our home airport. Does Royal Caribbean have this as well?

This will explain RCI's Luggage Valet Program detailing participating airlines and departure ports. It is not available on all ships or itineraries and your flight must depart no earlier than 11:30AM in some ports and later in others.

Edited by cruisenfever

I will look at the luggage valet. We are going on Brilliance of the Sea in and out of Boston and flying Southwest.

Unfortunately, I cannot access the link that was posted above, for some reason it will not load - probably because I am in the UK!

However, unless I have found an out of date list, it does not appear as though the service will be available on your cruise as RCI website details it is only available in the following ports;

Fort Lauderdale

Port Canaveral

San Diego

Miami

Seattle

Seward

No harm in checking once on board though with Guest Relations.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Does anyone know if they at least have an airline check in service? It's important to get checked into Southwest exactly 24 hours in advance. Otherwise we'll get terrible seats and not be able to be seated together on the plane. I see we will be cruising at that time and will not have computers to check in.

Ask to be directed to the "Internet Cafe" on board and you can sit down at a computer and do your check in with the Southwest website. It will cost you a little, but shouldn't be that much for just the amount of time you'll need to do your online checkin.

You can go online, I am sure there are internet terminals that you can use but there will probably be a charge.

I am the same and always have to check in 24 hours in advance. Luckily Allure had the facilities to do this without charge but I have never sailed on Brilliance - my mum has but no flights were involved so cannot help there.

I agree with you about the luggage, much easier not having to worry about it until you are at your arrival airport.

Jo :)

Does anyone know if they at least have an airline check in service? It's important to get checked into Southwest exactly 24 hours in advance. Otherwise we'll get terrible seats and not be able to be seated together on the plane. I see we will be cruising at that time and will not have computers to check in.

I suggest you just use Southwest's "Early Bird Check-in" service. $12.50 per person. It just makes life easier:)

This will explain RCI's Luggage Valet Program detailing participating airlines and departure ports. It is not available on all ships or itineraries and your flight must depart no earlier than 11:30AM in some ports and later in others.

We have used this service in the past (a CCL cruise out of NOLA) & it worked out really well for us. Does anyone know what the cost is per person (or bag)? The RC website only mentions a charge will apply but not what it will be. Thanks for any info!

We have used this service in the past (a CCL cruise out of NOLA) & it worked out really well for us. Does anyone know what the cost is per person (or bag)? The RC website only mentions a charge will apply but not what it will be. Thanks for any info!

When we used the luggage valet it was $20 per person and worth every penny, from what I remember they also provide you with your airline check in passes along with the appropriate airline luggage tags to put on your bags. Great service, wish they would do it at all ports.

The cost is $20.00 per person which is just to process the boarding pass and transport luggage. Airline baggage fees still apply.

When we used the luggage valet it was $20 per person and worth every penny, from what I remember they also provide you with your airline check in passes along with the appropriate airline luggage tags to put on your bags. Great service, wish they would do it at all ports.

Thank You for your replies! This service must be similar to the one we used on CCL last year. The price was $20 pp & we agree...it was worth every penny!! We will use it again on our upcoming cruise.

I think that the reason that RCCL does not offer luggage valet in Boston is because they have so few cruises out of Boston. It is not a regular port for them.

I wish they did offer more, since I would take them up on them, but alas I guess they want to focus on the Caribbean.

Anyways, the Early Bird checkin in Southwest is well worth it. You do not have to worry about checking in really early, and get a good boarding number. I do it everytime I cruise.

I seem to remember that San Juan was added to the list of ports offering this service. Has anyone been in the San Juan port recently who can confirm this?

The RCCL webpage about the service doesn't list San Juan, so if its up to date than San Juan was not added, but beyond that I'm not sure.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Here is the information I located on the RCI site about San Juan:

For San Juan, PR:

Luggage will get laid out with the rest of the luggage that is coming off the ship. You will claim their luggage and present yourself to Customs. Once cleared, you will proceed to a location outside Customs Hall and drop off you luggage with one of our staff members. Your luggage will then go directly to an in-bond truck to be transported to the airport.

So basically, you still have to locate your luggage, which is never fun.