Smoking Area(s) on Coco Cay?

CleverFirst

I found a thread from 2014 saying smoking was allowed anywhere on the island. The newest PDF of the island from RCCL from 2015 says no smoking except designated areas (which are not shown on the map :cool:). I was wondering if anyone has been there recently and remembers where/how many of these areas there were?

Is this new rule even enforced, or would I be okay to smoke wherever just as long as I'm respectful of others, like in 2014?

Any help is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure there's NO smoking around the buffet, or restrooms, or places like that. If you are not around others, then I'd go ahead, unless there is a sign saying otherwise. Don't throw your butts on the ground, or bury it in the sand...that's just gross!

I found a thread from 2014 saying smoking was allowed anywhere on the island. The newest PDF of the island from RCCL from 2015 says no smoking except designated areas (which are not shown on the map :cool:). I was wondering if anyone has been there recently and remembers where/how many of these areas there were?

Is this new rule even enforced, or would I be okay to smoke wherever just as long as I'm respectful of others, like in 2014?

Any help is appreciated.

I was there in February, never saw any designated area for smoking and saw people smoking in various areas on the beach.

• 1 month later...
I'm pretty sure there's NO smoking around the buffet, or restrooms, or places like that. If you are not around others, then I'd go ahead, unless there is a sign saying otherwise. Don't throw your butts on the ground, or bury it in the sand...that's just gross!

Never quite understood why they don't allow smoking near bathrooms? lol

Because non-smokers might get offended if they have to pass thru your smoke....so smoke away from public right of ways.....just to be nice!

I was trying to make joke about the smell of some public bathrooms, compared to "Dangerously" passing through my HUGE cloud of smoke while hilariously waving their hands frantically in front of their faces (lol). Seriously though, I really try not to smoke in other people's faces.