All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

I saw no mention of the MDR Diamond breakfast on our Liberty cruise this past March.

I believe that the Diamond breakfast in the MDR was only offered on ships that did not/don't have a DL. So ships Freedom Class and larger never had it as they have the DL. Voyager class and smaller offered/offers it until they get a DL.

But of course you know that. [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Does Liberty still offer the Diamond breakfast??

We just disembarked Liberty yesterday and there was no special area in the MDR for D/D+.

I believe that the Diamond breakfast in the MDR was only offered on ships that did not/don't have a DL. So ships Freedom Class and larger never had it as they have the DL. Voyager class and smaller offered/offers it until they get a DL.

But of course you know that. [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

With the exception of Jewel, all ships in the fleet now have a Diamond Lounge.

Edited by cruisenfever

Just off Liberty on 6/27. There was continental breakfast in dl, but it wasn't well attended as coffee machine was out of service all 9 days. It had broken on a prior cruise and all concierge would say was that it needed a part which they didn't have on board. Concierge was asked by several people about make-good options such as allowing us to get free coffees at Cafe Promenade, loading specialty coffee vouchers onto diamond sea pass cards or allowing us to purchase the non-alcoholic drink package at a discount. He said he was powerless to offer us anything, and he frankly seemed happy it was broken as he had complained about how much work it was to constantly refill it.

The evening bar staff however were outstanding. They were very eager to please and the cocktails and hors d'oeuvres were great.

First, thanks to all the helpful posters. I've had many questions answered without needing to post. Here's something I haven't seen covered.

Our family of four are taking the 7/25 cruise to Bermuda. I booked last minute and only the late dining option was available. I'm on standby for early or MTD. Does anyone have tips for moving up our dining time?

First, thanks to all the helpful posters. I've had many questions answered without needing to post. Here's something I haven't seen covered.

Our family of four are taking the 7/25 cruise to Bermuda. I booked last minute and only the late dining option was available. I'm on standby for early or MTD. Does anyone have tips for moving up our dining time?

Visit the MDR as soon as you board and ask them if they can move you.

If you send an email to rcldining@rccl.com, they might be able to help get it done for you before your embarkation date.

If you send an email to rcldining@rccl.com, they might be able to help get it done for you before your embarkation date.

Paulette, you're a Saint!! I tried your strategy and it worked. My family and in particular, my 7 year old can now dine before starvation and sleepiness kicks in. Thank you SO much!!

Paulette, you're a Saint!! I tried your strategy and it worked. My family and in particular, my 7 year old can now dine before starvation and sleepiness kicks in. Thank you SO much!!

Glad to have been able to give you a tip that worked out so well. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by Paulette3028

One big tip, if you want any chance at all of getting a deck chair poolside, you need to be there at the crack of dawn. By 9:30, the chair hogs are out in full force with every single one of them swearing that "he just went to get a cup of coffee" yet there are 8 chairs all with towels on them. Pool attendants won't do a thing about it. Very frustrating for those of us who follow the rules and don't save chairs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One big tip, if you want any chance at all of getting a deck chair poolside, you need to be there at the crack of dawn. By 9:30, the chair hogs are out in full force with every single one of them swearing that "he just went to get a cup of coffee" yet there are 8 chairs all with towels on them. Pool attendants won't do a thing about it. Very frustrating for those of us who follow the rules and don't save chairs

If they're not back in ten minutes, I'll move their stuff off the chair and occupy it myself. What are they going to do about it?

If they're not back in ten minutes, I'll move their stuff off the chair and occupy it myself. What are they going to do about it?

I did consider it since there were only towels and no personal property there but just did not want the confrontation when they did finally show up. And considering the pool attendants were supporting the "they were here just a few moments ago" rather than backing us on it, I gave up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read chair hogs were our as early as 7am. I'm not one of those people that reserves deck chairs. When I get out on deck is when I look for a chair. I can't believe pool attendants did nothing. What's the point of rules if they're not followed by all? I'll be looking forward:thumbdown: to that when I get onboard Saturday. Knowing my husband he'll move towels after 30 minutes.:D

Edited by sauvichick

I agree and I don't worry about the confrontation....because 99% of the time, there is NO confrontation. The one time that I had a slight confrontation was with someone who was reserving 8 chairs poolside and that no one had been sitting in for over 2 hours....so I moved the towels occupying 2 of the chairs and the gent objected....so my reply was....your friends have been in the sun so long they 'vaporized from the sun' I guess they have no need for the lounges now.

Then he just smirked. We sat in those chairs or were in the pool for the next 2 hours with no sightings of his vaporized friends.

Hi,

I have been on these boards since CC was on AOL. Chair hogs have always been a hot topic of discussion.

I have always wondered (and posted this before) why the cruise lines do not put some type of "chair tag" in the cabin.

For example if cabin #1234 had 3 occupants for the current cruise, why not provide that cabin with three tags. They can then hang those 3 tags on the chairs that they select.

Now it will not prevent people from getting up at 5am to select their chairs, but at least they will hold 3 chairs as opposed to 8.

Barb

Hi,

I have been on these boards since CC was on AOL. Chair hogs have always been a hot topic of discussion.

I have always wondered (and posted this before) why the cruise lines do not put some type of "chair tag" in the cabin.

For example if cabin #1234 had 3 occupants for the current cruise, why not provide that cabin with three tags. They can then hang those 3 tags on the chairs that they select.

Now it will not prevent people from getting up at 5am to select their chairs, but at least they will hold 3 chairs as opposed to 8.

Barb

So finding a poolside, or nice location chair is difficult on a cruise?

Mollyolly,

This is not just a problem on RCCL, I have found this on all of the mainstream lines, especially on sea days.

The only 2 ships that I did not encounter this problem were Crystal and Silverseas.

Barb

So finding a poolside, or nice location chair is difficult on a cruise?

Mollyolly,

Glad to see you checking other posts. We have 2 more days! If you want to be right in front of the pool or in a prime spot where ever that may be sometimes it is difficult to find more than 1 chair. Believe people don't generally worship the sun all day. I've also had the pool attendant place a chair in an ideal spot when he's seen me drag a chair. Just ask. I don't like generally care where I sit. I wouldn't have the nerve to reserve seats for hours if I'm not laying on one.