All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

I am just off Liberty today. After being on Explorer in October and always seeing the Cruise Director and Activity Director together most of the time, I was surprised that Liberty did not seem to have a similar duo. We received an insert from the Compass on the first day with a list of the officers and staff and there was no activities director listed. Luke appeared solo whenever we saw him.

Many times the Activity Manager, does the 'morning show' with the CD. Hopefully someone can let me know who the Activity Manager is onboard Liberty now.

I heard/read a few months back that Liberty is no longer doing the game showes (i.e. Love and Marriage and Quest). This has always been a highlight for us. We are sailing in October for a 10 day cruise and would be so sad if they don't do any of them. Anyone been on a longerish cruise recently where they did them?

I heard/read a few months back that Liberty is no longer doing the game showes (i.e. Love and Marriage and Quest). This has always been a highlight for us. We are sailing in October for a 10 day cruise and would be so sad if they don't do any of them. Anyone been on a longerish cruise recently where they did them?

They did both Quest and Love&Marriage last week on the 5-day we were on. They also did the Liars Club but we didn't attend.

They did both Quest and Love&Marriage last week on the 5-day we were on. They also did the Liars Club but we didn't attend.

I realize that you did not attend the Liars Club....but can someone who has seen this activity, share with others what it is. I have been on quite a few cruises but don't remember seeing it listed.

I realize that you did not attend the Liars Club....but can someone who has seen this activity, share with others what it is. I have been on quite a few cruises but don't remember seeing it listed.

I saw it on Grandeur about 10 years ago, and the CD reminded me of it when he was promoting it. 3 or 4 staff come up with strange and bizarre explanations to odd or unusual English words or phrases, and you have to guess who's telling the truth. He did mention it as they were "bringing it back" so I guess it's something they perhaps haven't been doing for a while.

They pick an obscure word and several of the folks (usually 3) give the definition of the word. One is the correct definition and the other 2 are made up. The audience picks the one they think is right. I forget if there are points given and scores kept, but it's hilarious what some people come up with for definitions.

They pick an obscure word and several of the folks (usually 3) give the definition of the word. One is the correct definition and the other 2 are made up. The audience picks the one they think is right. I forget if there are points given and scores kept, but it's hilarious what some people come up with for definitions.

I saw it on Grandeur about 10 years ago, and the CD reminded me of it when he was promoting it. 3 or 4 staff come up with strange and bizarre explanations to odd or unusual English words or phrases, and you have to guess who's telling the truth. He did mention it as they were "bringing it back" so I guess it's something they perhaps haven't been doing for a while.

Thanks to both of you......it sounds like this should be brought back....there are only so many trivia games they can do, and this sounds like fun. Some of the old things, would be 'new again'......I keep waiting for the 'Horse Race' to come back. Only had that on our first cruise on Navigator in 2004.

Nope as I said they start usually before 11:30 with suites then Pineapples, D+, and so on. Once that initial crowd is onboard, it is board as you come.

What? They let pineapples board before us regular cruisers? Outrageous!

Gotta love auto-correct!

Ok Liberty questions if you don't mind sailing 6/18.... Is there a cigar lounge? What speciality restaurants will be available? Is there anywhere for "50 ish olds to dance and listen to music" not your average we love hard rock and metal but good 80's will do lol.... Besides WJ good place for boarding day lunch?[emoji267][emoji41][emoji484]thanks

Ok Liberty questions if you don't mind sailing 6/18.... Is there a cigar lounge? What speciality restaurants will be available? Is there anywhere for "50 ish olds to dance and listen to music" not your average we love hard rock and metal but good 80's will do lol.... Besides WJ good place for boarding day lunch?[emoji267][emoji41][emoji484]thanks

Cigar lounge is called the Connoisseur Club, deck 5, forward.

Other info about the ship:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=FR&shipCode=LB&br=R

I tried doing a 'search', and came up empty....

anyone know a link to find photo's and/or commentary on this accessible inside cabin on the Liberty of the Seas (or any other of its type on any Freedom Class ship?

I'm booked in that one on 6 May, and would like to see a preview, if possible...:)

Heading down for Liberty in just one week! So glad I found this thread and all the great info to plan out our cruise! Did a 4 night in December...too short! Hoping this 5 night to Belize and Cozumel quenches our cruising thirst!

Read the whole thread but still just want to confirm the freestyle coke machines are indeed onboard. Noticed a post from last month that said they were nowhere to be found, but all others since January have said they're there. Anyone been on in the last couple weeks to confirm? Thanks!

Edited by johnstoc13

Heading down for Liberty in just one week! So glad I found this thread and ll the great info to plan out our cruise! Did a 4 night in December...too short! Hoping this 5 night to Belize and Cozumel quenches our cruising thirst!

Read the whole thread but still just want to confirm the freestyle coke machines are indeed onboard. Noticed a post from last month that said they were nowhere to be found, but all others since January have said they're there. Anyone been on in the last couple weeks to confirm? Thanks!

If you have been on Liberty in the last few weeks, who was the Activity Manager onboard?

subscribing! This is the biggest ship we will have cruised on, our first time in a JS and our first time with our daughter who will turn 7 months on the cruise! Cant wait for May to get here! Anyone else sailed with infants on this ship?

Hi there! No strangers here to cruising with an infant. Took our DS on Oasis at 6mos and Explorer at 15mos. First time on Liberty next week and he will turn 19mos. 6-7 months is a great time to travel with infants. There are several who would say don't bother, but we went just the 3 of us and had a great time. JS will make things easier for naps. Usually a curtain in between bed and sofa and of course the balcony!

Baby splash zone is fun too, which LOS has. Just a tiny pool with a couple inches of water, but nice to let the little one have some fun! (Can't use any other pool of course for health regulations) That's what the beach/ocean is for. Have a blast!

I have been reading the same conflicting reports! So I would also love to know the answer!!!

We were on Liberty last week, and there were no Freestyle machines on board.

Thanks! :D

Did you use the Diamond lounge? If so, how was it? I haven't been on a Freedom Class ship yet.

Edited by trvlmil