All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

subscribing! This is the biggest ship we will have cruised on, our first time in a JS and our first time with our daughter who will turn 7 months on the cruise! Cant wait for May to get here! Anyone else sailed with infants on this ship?

We are on Liberty on Aug 27 to New England and Canada. Both are Ex New Yorkers living for 20 years in Ft Lauderdale. We have been together for 26 years on Aug 13, and will be married here in Florida on that day. Then off to family in NY and the cruise.We have sailed on Navigator, and Liberty looks a good deal like her. Really looking forward to the trip. :)

Just off the liberty on Jan 17th and sailed with our 7 mos old grandson. What a great experience for all of us. The staff was extremely attentive to my grandson and the entire experience was exceptional. I have to say I was a little nervous before we boarded reading many negative comments here but they were unfounded for us. We have cruised a fair amount ( diamond plus with Royal and a handful of NCL) so have plenty to compare it to. Will cruise on the Liberty again. Happy to answer any questions you may have about the little one.

Hello! I'm happy to see this thread on the Liberty of the Seas. DH and I will be sailing Oct 2015 from Bayonne, NJ to New England and Canada and back to Bayonne. It seems this is a new area for Liberty to sail? This is my 2nd cruise but, I have a question about the ice show, Sat. Night Fever. Do you make a reservation for the time to see those shows? Our last cruise we were not too interested in the shows but, these I would love to see! We have late night dining so I suppose we would see an early show if they were scheduled early.

Thanks for any help,

Patti

Hello! I'm happy to see this thread on the Liberty of the Seas. DH and I will be sailing Oct 2015 from Bayonne, NJ to New England and Canada and back to Bayonne. It seems this is a new area for Liberty to sail? This is my 2nd cruise but, I have a question about the ice show, Sat. Night Fever. Do you make a reservation for the time to see those shows? Our last cruise we were not too interested in the shows but, these I would love to see! We have late night dining so I suppose we would see an early show if they were scheduled early.

Thanks for any help,

Patti

You can make advanced reservations for the ice show on Royal's website. However, no reservations are possible for Saturday Night Fever, that show is first come, frst served.

Any news on if Liberty will be getting the freestyle coke machines? We are hoping to have them for our cruis in June.

Loralie

I'm patiently waiting for word on the Freestyle machines as well. What beverage packages we do or don't get might depend on them. My parents were on the NYE cruise on LoS and the machines were not out yet. Rumor is that they are technically on the ship, just not out and ready for use.

I can BBQ a great steak in my own backyard--but I can not cook good Italian food. So I am leaning towards Portifino. Might have to do both.

Which on is your favorite and what entree did you have?? Thanks

Just off the Liberty, did Chops the first night with the 20% discount offer onboard and it was great. Sure I can grill a steak but it won't taste like that or have the appetizers and accompaniments with it. Dessert was only okay so no love lost there.

Having gone to Portofino the last night of our cruise I recommend going earlier on in the sailing. Sitting looking at the Portofino menu I couldn't help but feel that all of their best dishes were also the best dishes offered separately each night in the MDR. Beef Tenderloin, Lamb Chops, even the Spiedino de Mare us a slightly glorified version of the Fisherman's plate and the anytime Salmon being offered. Yes the tiramisu cup dessert was great. This is just my opinion but I thought I'd throw it out there in case you cared.

Just off the liberty on Jan 17th and sailed with our 7 mos old grandson. What a great experience for all of us. The staff was extremely attentive to my grandson and the entire experience was exceptional. I have to say I was a little nervous before we boarded reading many negative comments here but they were unfounded for us. We have cruised a fair amount ( diamond plus with Royal and a handful of NCL) so have plenty to compare it to. Will cruise on the Liberty again. Happy to answer any questions you may have about the little one.

We took DS at 12.5 months old last year and the crew absolutely loved and doted over him... I'm talking balloons at the windjammer, kisses and hugs from stateroom attendants who have little ones at home they had to leave behind. Our experience was great too- glad to hear yours was as well!

I just got off the LOS and yes, they do have the freestyle machine. I will post a picture of my cup and machine shortly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thats good to hear!! do you remember where they were located. we will be on in august and the multiple flavor all you basically can drink is a treat for my son!

IF Liberty of the Seas spends time in Europe it will not be happening...talk is "product supply " issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Liberty is no scheduled to go overseas. After the winter in Florida she heads to Bayonne to replace the Quantum for the summer then it's off to Galveston to replace the Navigator in the fall. She will reside in Galveston for a few seasons after that supposedly.

Just off the Liberty, did Chops the first night with the 20% discount offer onboard and it was great. Sure I can grill a steak but it won't taste like that or have the appetizers and accompaniments with it. Dessert was only okay so no love lost there.

Having gone to Portofino the last night of our cruise I recommend going earlier on in the sailing. Sitting looking at the Portofino menu I couldn't help but feel that all of their best dishes were also the best dishes offered separately each night in the MDR. Beef Tenderloin, Lamb Chops, even the Spiedino de Mare us a slightly glorified version of the Fisherman's plate and the anytime Salmon being offered. Yes the tiramisu cup dessert was great. This is just my opinion but I thought I'd throw it out there in case you cared.

As a newbe to RCCL--I truly value all opinions about this cruiseline and this ship!!--I have heard Great things about the MDR--and I do love a good steak-Thanks for the 1st night heads up. This Irish guy will now google "Spiedino de Mare" Thanks Tom.

I alternate between the Spiedino di Mare and the filet.

I had to google this dish (Irish-Amer) and I glad I did!! Looks like my type of meal for 1st night. Heard there is a discount 20% for specialty Rest. They do the same promotion on the other line.

Thanks again!

Liberty is no scheduled to go overseas. After the winter in Florida she heads to Bayonne to replace the Quantum for the summer then it's off to Galveston to replace the Navigator in the fall. She will reside in Galveston for a few seasons after that supposedly.

I hope that bringing a ship like Liberty into the NYC area will lead to some competition-and some deals!! Carnival left NYC during the winter months--there were some great getaways when they look for winter cruisers.

Hope to be back on Liberty in the Fall--love the New England and Canada trips.