All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

I am also glad to see this thread, I posted on the other one and had no answers. My biggest ship has been the Explorer. I like being able to go to the show after dinner, the laid back atmosphere. I didn't even have to make a reservation for the ice show.

Do I have to make all my reservations before we leave? If I don't, would I still be able to go without a reservation? I am looking forward to a bigger ship, but will I lose the laid back vacation feel I love?

I am also glad to see this thread, I posted on the other one and had no answers. My biggest ship has been the Explorer. I like being able to go to the show after dinner, the laid back atmosphere. I didn't even have to make a reservation for the ice show.

Do I have to make all my reservations before we leave? If I don't, would I still be able to go without a reservation? I am looking forward to a bigger ship, but will I lose the laid back vacation feel I love?

No show reservations required on Liberty other than the ice show.

Back on Liberty for the 4th time in 21 days tomorrow.

Had various cabins on this ship. 8338 E2 centre hump starboard, 9706 E1 aft, 8550 E1 forward port side, and for this upcoming 9638 hump JS port side.

Here's a few pics of her

Lovely pictures, thanks for posting them. We will be on the Liberty next September, our first RCL cruise since 1998. A lot of things have changed since then. :rolleyes::p

Do they still have Saturday Night Live as their show and do you need reservations for that?

Thanks!:D

They still have Saturday Night Fever (made the "Live" mistake myself;)), but reservations are not required.

They still have Saturday Night Fever (made the "Live" mistake myself;)), but reservations are not required.

Whoops!:o

Kept saying to myself it didn't look right. Thanks for catching that- I have edited it.

Thanks very much for the quick answer.

Bob, you are always a great help! :D

We are going on Liberty for Thanksgiving! First time in the Ben and Jerry's Sweet (plus connecting room) so I can't wait to post about it! :D

We were on Liberty also in January, such an incredible ship... I can't wait for my kids to experience it this time (they are 1.5 and 5 yrs old)!

I hope they still have it when we go next year! :D

Our TA made of point of mentioning that it would still be on in September 2014.

Edited by Anubi

Will be on the Liberty in a few weeks. Because of this post, I just learned of the ice show reservations, so I just made them for my entire group. Are there any other tips I might need to know?

You can get lunch on boarding day at Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's, in addition to the buffet.

I just returned from the Liberty a little over a week ago. She's a great ship. We were in cabin1630, 10th level balcony on the hump and yes, I do think the balcony and also the cabin was just a tad larger.

A few things I personally noticed that may or may not mean much to you, but here goes....

Europeans do not drink much whiskey, as such, the ship had NO Corwn Royal except for the Sky Bar. I'm thinking that few would drink whiskey during the day, so therefore, the Sky Bar had the only bottle on the ship. Form the MDR, Boleros, Schooner Bar or anywhere else.

The MTD was backed up very late. I would recommend that you get a plan and set reservations the day you board the ship. It worked for us. It appears that the 6:30 -8:30 times were booked solid and many could not get in until much later.

Saturday Night Fever had two showings. Thurs @ 7:30 & Fri@ 9:30. We selected Friday Night.

Formal Nights were nice and were indeed formal. Although, many opted for the specialty dining on formal nights.

Another recommendation, if you plan to enjoy Chops Grill on the last night, book very early in the week or you'll eat very late that night.

Boleros had Latin music all week for entertainment.

Schooner Bar had a pianoist that was talented, but pretty eccentric and strange. He could play a pretty good piano but he pretty much expected all eyes on him and no talking, etc. I can't remember his name, but you'll see what I mean. Also, he doesn't desire to fulfil any requests etc. The ship did have an excellent guitarist that traveled around. He was a soloist but could play extremely well. You should try to catch his act. There was no comedy act, but the magic show was pretty good. We never had a reservation for any program including the ice show.

The itenary was very port intensive. Up early everyday. We only had breakfast in the WJ once. It was good as usual and EZ to nvigate. We ordered room service each day so we could eat & quickly leave the ship. We did eat in the WJ once for dinner as we just did not wish to take in a 2 hr dinner as we were tired. So we hit the hot tub for a bit to unwind and then hit the WJ before the show that night. The food was great. Sorrentos & Cafe Promenade offered great pizza, sandwiches, and cookies etc as well. Saturday was our only ship day and as such the ship was busy but still spacious. They cooked by poolside BBQ Ribs & Chicken w all the trimmings. "Saving" or holding poolside chairs was not an issue as there was chairs everywhere.

Smoking areas. For this cruise anyway... port side of level 4 and level 11 (around the pool), and portside on 12. This may change when the Liberty hits stateside but for the Me Cruise, smoking was allowed in a lot more places.

The waitstaff was very pleasant everywhere we went. The Cruise Director was good as well. We really enjoyed the ship. The stop at Nice, France early in the morning is breathtaking. I recommend that you take a moment to take in the view. The Liberty is tethered and this stop is the prettiest stop/port on the trip. (or at least our trip)

Embarking was not so good as the day we embarked there were 7 ships at the port which created a HUGE traffic jam in Barcelona. We, with luggage in tow walked over 3 kilometers including across the bridge to reach the terminal. I recommend that you arrive earlier than 11am to avoid this. Once at the terminal, check in was smooth.

Disembarking was VERY easy. Taxis were very plentiful. In fact, Taxis were everywhere in Barcelona. You can also take advantage of the buses that RCL set up. (for a fee)

I was going to make a long drawn out review but I think this will siffice.

Hope this helps a few other plan their cruise!

We are sailing Liberty in December and have cabins 3640 & 3642. These are ocean view (windows). Looking at the outside view of the ship, we were trying to find the windows that belonged to our cabins so we counted windows from the outside. It appeared there were less windows than there were ocean view cabins on this deck - if that makes sense. I thought I read somewhere that these cabins may have been added in a refurbish at some point and its possible the windows are smaller - more like port holes. Does anyone have any knowledge (or better yet - pictures!) of these cabins? Thanks!

You can get lunch on boarding day at Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's, in addition to the buffet.

Thank you for that idea. You always have great advice, so I'm dubbing you my 'Go To' person on the RCL Boards!! ;)

Hi All. Does anyone know when last Liberty O.S. has done a dry dock or is due to do one? Looking at Booking a cruise on Liberty next year around April and have noticed they still have Portafinos where as Giovanis seems to be the newer trend.

Not a deal breaker but i do try to avoid booking any ship when its a couple months away from dry dock.

Thanks.

Hi All. Does anyone know when last Liberty O.S. has done a dry dock or is due to do one? Looking at Booking a cruise on Liberty next year around April and have noticed they still have Portafinos where as Giovanis seems to be the newer trend.

Not a deal breaker but i do try to avoid booking any ship when its a couple months away from dry dock.

Thanks.

Looks like drydock is Juan 2016.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2061639&page=2

• 3 weeks later...
Back on Liberty for the 4th time in 21 days tomorrow.

Had various cabins on this ship. 8338 E2 centre hump starboard, 9706 E1 aft, 8550 E1 forward port side, and for this upcoming 9638 hump JS port side.

Here's a few pics of her

Great photos. Thanks for sharing them. We've only been on the Voyager of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas and the Serenade of the Seas so sailing on the Liberty of the Seas when she come to Galveston in November of 2015 will be a treat for us. And the best part is that when we sail on her we will be Diamond Plus !

Edited by lady_cruiser