All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

The Diamond Concierge was the best we'd ever had. The food IMHO was better than on previous sailings too.

Who did you have Oana or Carlos in the DL?

Thanks

Just off yesterday as well. Carlos in the CL, no idea who was in the DL - never went in there....

How does the ship look? I board sat. hehe

The ship is in good shape, the crew however were probably the most disengaged I have ever come across in my 25 cruises with Royal. The first leg of our b2b was the first Caribbean cruise after the TA, so we chalked the indifferent behaviour to just plain exhaustion from working 8-10 days straight during the crossing. Sadly, not much changed on the 2nd leg.....

We had a great cruise with amazing weather, we just weren't impressed with the service, or lack thereof.

Well hello there stranger! It was amazing meeting you and enjoying a group dinner at Portofino :) Hope our paths cross again! Have a great cruise on the Quantum!

Hey Robyn! We enjoyed dinner with y'all as well and hope ur flight home went well... Lots of snow awaiting you?

Hey Robyn! We enjoyed dinner with y'all as well and hope ur flight home went well... Lots of snow awaiting you?

Hey Tex!!!

It was so great meeting you guys. The lounge would have been pretty sad without you!

I had an early flight out so no problems for me, Robyn was another story. Her flight wasn't until 9 at night, but kept getting delayed due to the high winds in Toronto.

We don't have too much snow here, but are expecting a few more inches today. No where near what they are getting just south of us. Thank goodness!!!

Hope our paths cross again on a future sailing!:D

Our flight was delayed and I didn't walk through the door until about 3AM. Not much snow when we landed, but there is a lot of snow coming down right now!

Just booked the Indy for a b2b next November :D

Who did you have Oana or Carlos in the DL?

Thanks

Just off yesterday as well. Carlos in the CL, no idea who was in the DL - never went in there....

We were on the TA recently, the diamond club concierge was a women I think her name was oana but I am not 100% sure on the name. She was nice nothing over the top but nice.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Motorman23

We were on the TA recently, the diamond club concierge was a women I think her name was oana but I am not 100% sure on the name. She was nice nothing over the top but nice.

Mike

I think she is working at Guest Relations now

Mike

Well if Oana Papa is now working at guest relations, that's a bonus for customers IMHO but a loss to the visitors to the DL because we've sailed with Oana twice now and I have to say she's been one of the best DL concierges we've had the pleasure to meet.

Well if Oana Papa is now working at guest relations, that's a bonus for customers IMHO but a loss to the visitors to the DL because we've sailed with Oana twice now and I have to say she's been one of the best DL concierges we've had the pleasure to meet.

Just spoke to Oana tonight (email) and she is still in the DL and will be there until she and her husband go home on December 15th.

• 4 weeks later...
I'll be watching this thread for updated responses. I've got a group on Liberty in March, and some of the recent reviews have me a little nervous.

We sail Liberty in a few weeks...what recent reviews have you nervous?

I'll be watching this thread for updated responses. I've got a group on Liberty in March, and some of the recent reviews have me a little nervous.

We sailed on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago Dec 1st-5th and had a wonderful time. Ship in fine shape, service very good as was food. Dined in Chops twice and it was excellent. Would not hesitate to sail on her again - hope this helps.

We sail Liberty in a few weeks...what recent reviews have you nervous?

Just a few here on CC saying there were staff issues. I've read a few that say the Cruise Director staff was rude, two said they had issues with cabin stewards, and two said there seemed to be a staff shortage at the pool. Hoping that's not the case when we sail in March! We're taking a number of first-time cruisers with us.

We sailed on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago Dec 1st-5th and had a wonderful time. Ship in fine shape, service very good as was food. Dined in Chops twice and it was excellent. Would not hesitate to sail on her again - hope this helps.

Thanks Pencruise! That reassures me a bit.

Just a few here on CC saying there were staff issues. I've read a few that say the Cruise Director staff was rude, two said they had issues with cabin stewards, and two said there seemed to be a staff shortage at the pool. Hoping that's not the case when we sail in March! We're taking a number of first-time cruisers with us.

A lot of CD staff said they were leaving in December so you might have fresh new staff, however I couldn't agree about them being rude at all.

I don't agree either. But they will love it regardless, the ship is beautiful and on my 15 cruises with Royal, I have found very little unfriendly staff. And immediately talking 4 Allure and 2 Quantum (big ships, a lot of crew members there)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

I'm on the Liberty right now, get off tomorrow :( and will be back to reality. The cruise I'm on is a five night cruise to Labadee and Ocho Rios, Jamaica with two sea days. Cruise director staff has been good this week, no issues there. Cabin and dining staff has been great. We've been to the Windjammer for lunch, breakfast and once for supper and enjoyed it each time, however I think they need more variety of food items for lunch and supper) that is my opinion, food they have in Windjammer is good though). At night the Windjammer does have a small selection of sushi for all you sushi lovers. I will be scanning the cruise compasses but not sure how to upload files onto Cruise Critic so when I do scan I will post that I did and maybe someone can help me out. Also we've been to Portofinos and Chops Grille for supper, both excellent choices, but go there hungry! We have the Ultimate Package for beverages, I find at times you get a ticket to sign and other times you don't. They always scan your card though during my experiences. I haven't had any bar staff be rude or give me lack of service either because I have the package. This cruise has been awesome and the Liberty is still one of my best cruises. Any questions please feel free to ask away, but probably won't get a chance to look at this or answer until after Sunday, so you may want to hold any questions for me until Sunday evening because I probably won't read past comments on here. Now I'm signing off to enjoy my final day on the Liberty (sea day).

Glad to see a new thread started. Who reads through threads with over a thousand responses and one that started over 6 years ago. I am on the Liberty next April and would enjoy some up to date conversations and happenings aboard the Liberty.

I'm happy I did this thread. When I heard about the Version from 6 years ago, It made me want to unsubscribe from the latest one but, more viewers came on this thread.

I'm on the Liberty right now, get off tomorrow :( and will be back to reality. The cruise I'm on is a five night cruise to Labadee and Ocho Rios, Jamaica with two sea days. Cruise director staff has been good this week, no issues there. Cabin and dining staff has been great. We've been to the Windjammer for lunch, breakfast and once for supper and enjoyed it each time, however I think they need more variety of food items for lunch and supper) that is my opinion, food they have in Windjammer is good though). At night the Windjammer does have a small selection of sushi for all you sushi lovers. I will be scanning the cruise compasses but not sure how to upload files onto Cruise Critic so when I do scan I will post that I did and maybe someone can help me out. Also we've been to Portofinos and Chops Grille for supper, both excellent choices, but go there hungry! We have the Ultimate Package for beverages, I find at times you get a ticket to sign and other times you don't. They always scan your card though during my experiences. I haven't had any bar staff be rude or give me lack of service either because I have the package. This cruise has been awesome and the Liberty is still one of my best cruises. Any questions please feel free to ask away, but probably won't get a chance to look at this or answer until after Sunday, so you may want to hold any questions for me until Sunday evening because I probably won't read past comments on here. Now I'm signing off to enjoy my final day on the Liberty (sea day).

I'm happy to hear that you loved the Liberty. I've been on December 26, 2013 and I really loved it. I would like to get back on but, we have to move on with other ships.