All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

We'll be on Liberty for the first time for a B2B starting with the TA next week :) With 18 nights onboard we will want some nights away from the MDR and, having eaten in Chops and Portofino many times will probably only want to do them once.

Are there any other options - Chef's Table? do they have Tapas at Vintages? Suggestions welcome.

We'll be on Liberty for the first time for a B2B starting with the TA next week :) With 18 nights onboard we will want some nights away from the MDR and, having eaten in Chops and Portofino many times will probably only want to do them once.

Are there any other options - Chef's Table? do they have Tapas at Vintages? Suggestions welcome.

Johnny Rockets.

Sailing on 12/15 and very interested in hearing from those sailing post-repo return from Europe beginning in early November. With 70+ days until sailing, we are currently unable to book specialty dining and entertainment (posts in the roll call state that it should open up 60 days out). While there are no indications of changes in the entertainment (or dining), it seems odd that these would not be open now.

I am booking tomorrow for the 11-22-14 sailing. I last sailed 3-11-12 and at that time there was no specialty entertainment. It sounds like I will need to make reservations for Saturday Night Fever and Up in the Air. Is this correct? Are there any other reservations I will need to make? I don't think I will be doing specialty dining.

Thanks - not sure Johnny Rockets is my idea of dinner ;) Do you know whether Vintages does tapas on Liberty?

They were doing Tapas this week just gone (didn't actually try it, but there was signage for it)

Hi

My sister in law and I will be on the Liberty of the Seas on Jan 31 2015 . It's good that this post has started . This is a newbie cruise for us. We are really interested on any info about the ship. Every thing is booked looking at excursions now. Happy cruising:D

Warm breezes Sunny beaches Cruise time.

kruisen sis:cool:, kruise kat:)

Hi

My sister in law and I will be on the Liberty of the Seas on Jan 31 2015 . It's good that this post has started . This is a newbie cruise for us. We are really interested on any info about the ship. Every thing is booked looking at excursions now. Happy cruising:D

Warm breezes Sunny beaches Cruise time.

kruisen sis:cool:, kruise kat:)

It's such a lovely ship, couldn't fault it that much. Most of the staff who were on this week just gone will still be onboard and they were all fantastic! Make the most out of those cantilevered hot tubs during sail away!

We were on Liberty for the May 2014 TA and we had such a great time with the crew that we'll be doing the TA back from Barcelona on Sunday. Just my uncle and I this time as our DW's couldn't make it. Freedom class is my favorite....just doesn't seem as crowded.

We will be on Liberty in December for the first time. It will be our first time in a grand suite as well I would like to hear about the perks.

We were on the freedom last year and I think she is my favorite ship so far. I really liked the freestyle machines and was a little disappointed they are not on

the liberty . We are counting the days.:)

Back on Liberty for the 4th time in 21 days tomorrow.

Had various cabins on this ship. 8338 E2 centre hump starboard, 9706 E1 aft, 8550 E1 forward port side, and for this upcoming 9638 hump JS port side.

Here's a few pics of her

thank you for sharing your pictures. They are amazing and most beautiful. You have a very good eye for pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the TA yesterday, we had an amazing time. Liberty is in excellent shape. We had very good service throughout the ship.

Both my husband and I enjoyed the food, I thought it was better than last year's TA. Almost everything I had in the MDR was good, the osso buco and chicken marsala were excellent. My husband enjoyed several beef dishes, he said the beef filet was the best he's ever had! I had a NY strip steak one night that was almost as good as my steak in Chops. Desserts were very good as well. And the breads. . . not getting on a scale for at least a week!:D

Sherri:)

Just off the TA yesterday, we had an amazing time. Liberty is in excellent shape. We had very good service throughout the ship.

Both my husband and I enjoyed the food, I thought it was better than last year's TA. Almost everything I had in the MDR was good, the osso buco and chicken marsala were excellent. My husband enjoyed several beef dishes, he said the beef filet was the best he's ever had! I had a NY strip steak one night that was almost as good as my steak in Chops. Desserts were very good as well. And the breads. . . not getting on a scale for at least a week!:D

Sherri:)

Glad you enjoyed the TA, we did it on Liberty 3 years and had a blast. We left Liberty on the 26th Oct after a great week in the Med and our friends stayed aboard for the TA too. I agree she is in great shape (it was our 4th time on her) and also agree we were very happy with the MDR meals.

I'll be on the Liberty in May 2015 for my first ever cruise with Royal. I cannot wait to be on this ship! I know she's not due for a dry dock, but has anyone heard if there will be any changes made before she arrives in Cape Liberty?

I'll be on the Liberty in May 2015 for my first ever cruise with Royal. I cannot wait to be on this ship! I know she's not due for a dry dock, but has anyone heard if there will be any changes made before she arrives in Cape Liberty?

Not likely without dry dock, probably just staffing changes

Have not heard of any changes coming to Liberty.

I boarded the day you disembarked and just got off yesterday. I agree about the food. Although we only ate in the MDR 1 night, we found the food to be exceptionally good. The lamb chops were almost as good as Portofino.

The staff was a little standoffish on day 1 due to exhaustion from the TA and lengthy inspections by USCG and USPHS but after day 1, things were back to normal and everyone seemed happy.

I boarded the day you disembarked and just got off yesterday. I agree about the food. Although we only ate in the MDR 1 night, we found the food to be exceptionally good. The lamb chops were almost as good as Portofino.

The staff was a little standoffish on day 1 due to exhaustion from the TA and lengthy inspections by USCG and USPHS but after day 1, things were back to normal and everyone seemed happy.

GREAT to hear, on the food. I had been reading about just how good it had been in postings and reviews over the summer in Europe and wondered if it'd continue once back in the states (at such a high level). I thought that possibly prices and supplier difference may have impacted things a bit.

I read on another thread that Liberty was getting Freestyle machines, does anyone know if this happened? We dont usually get the soda package but might try it on our 12/15 LOS sailing if she has them.

Not yet!

Apparently, they only installed the freestyle machines on ships based year round in the US, and not on any ships being deployed to Europe.

Given that Liberty will now be based year round in the US, they may put in the machines during the net refit/improvement.

Apparently, they only installed the freestyle machines on ships based year round in the US, and not on any ships being deployed to Europe.

Given that Liberty will now be based year round in the US, they may put in the machines during the net refit/improvement.

They don't need to wait for a refit to install the machines. There were a couple of recent posts that Liberty is scheduled to get the Freestyle machines this coming week.