Quantum Feb. 2 '15 Sailing--Entertainment dropped for cruise planner

nelblu

Printed the Set Sail passes and decided to check on my entertainment reservations. Lo & behold, the effort expended way back on Oct. 16 went for naught. The shows that I carefully coordinated with my dining times suddenly are not in the system. Mamma Mia, Entertainer #1, Sonic Odyssey and Starwater. Spent considerable time with reps from the Cruise Planner to find alternate times. Once a dropped line. Second dropped while being transferred to a Cruise Planner. Third, finally got what I thought was all of the shows. Went to my cruise planner and the Entertainer #1 was confirmed, however, missing from my cruise planner. Called a fourth time, and the rep. that I spoke to tells me that Entertainer # 1 has been cancelled and not replaced. I almost lost it and mentioned to this rep. that only half-hour ago this show was available and was confirmed. He tells me that the previous Cruise Planner was mistaken. I asked if during the 11 nite cruise that only one headliner is available--he said yes.

At this point I don't know whom to believe.[/b] Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow and cool off before trying to make any head or sense.

For those on any Quantum sailings, my suggestions is to check to see all of your reservations are intact. Also, can anyone on this cruise confirm that the entertainer scheduled for the 6th night or Feb. 7th has been cancelled.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS PROCESS. I can't trust the initial process and the constantly verifications that one needs to go through.

Can someone recommend any higher individual at RCL that I can escalate this.

The best thing to do is step away from the PC and phone go have an adult beverage.Then, maybe on Tuesday, start back online.

Even if you get all fixed today there's no guaranty it won't be dropped the next day. There's no guaranty it will be fine once you get on the ship. There's no guaranty that Entertainer #1 will show up.Stressing over it won't fix it. The higher ups in RCI are probably looking at the same info as the front line folks are.

As long as you have Mama Mia reserved, everything else you can likely walk in on stand by.

Best of luck but I'd vote for an adult beverage vs. trying to fix this today.

The best thing to do is step away from the PC and phone go have an adult beverage.Then, maybe on Tuesday, start back online.

Even if you get all fixed today there's no guaranty it won't be dropped the next day. There's no guaranty it will be fine once you get on the ship. There's no guaranty that Entertainer #1 will show up.Stressing over it won't fix it. The higher ups in RCI are probably looking at the same info as the front line folks are.

As long as you have Mama Mia reserved, everything else you can likely walk in on stand by.

Best of luck but I'd vote for an adult beverage vs. trying to fix this today.

You're right, but I had Mamma Mia at 8PM and had to take sloppy seconds at 4PM which interfered with Silk reservations and had to adjust the dining time. Making reservations under DD system is like a jig saw puzzle--one actions creates a reaction to another event. What really bothered me deep in my soul, I think I'm being I was lied to.

I loved traditional dining, but I am open to Dynamic Dining and think it will be nice visiting the different restaurants. But, this "smart ship" needs to really get smart and stop losing reservations which we spent hours to set up to coordinate dining and shows. I hope things soon are corrected - I am tired of people bashing others for being frustrated. We are NOT against change, but expressing frustration in setting things up - too much work - and then to find out that reservations have been wiped out - extremely frustrating.

I stopped looking at my cruise planner. Too upsetting. For the Jan 23 sailing we did lose one entertainer, Mama Mia time was changed, comedy show time was changed etc. And yes, after hours on the phone with the rep to get it all down. I also changed some Chics to American Icons because the website showed lobster. Apparently lobster has turned into turkey. So I'd like to revert back to Chic as we prefer fish and it seems they have a number of fish selections. I'd like to make reservations for Wonderland, but I can't bring myself to look at the calendar again to see where it might fit. Same with redoing the AI/Chic reservations.

It seems to me that they were really stupid to ask people to make reservations so far in advance, when even RCCL didn't know what shows they had, or when they would have it. There would be nothing wrong with asking people to make reservations a few weeks in advance, instead of more than half a year. Could save a lot of aggravation.

Next year we may go back to Windstar, where you don't have to worry about any of this because there really isn't anything to do on board, but you get great ports.

I loved traditional dining, but I am open to Dynamic Dining and think it will be nice visiting the different restaurants. But, this "smart ship" needs to really get smart and stop losing reservations which we spent hours to set up to coordinate dining and shows. I hope things soon are corrected - I am tired of people bashing others for being frustrated. We are NOT against change, but expressing frustration in setting things up - too much work - and then to find out that reservations have been wiped out - extremely frustrating.

It's not so much the ship, but it's the well known RCL's IT problem especially in maintaining what the individual Pax has reserved or is entitled to. My big frustration is the gut feeling of being lied to. Wonder what answer I'll get when I call them today.

My entertainment is all still scheduled but all shows are 15 minutes earlier. Nothings been cancelled on my schedule. come join our chat thread for the feb. 2 cruise.

Rosalie

Do you have the latest entertainment schedule for this sailing.