blackbeards castle

courtcole0902

As I recall, and it's been a few years back now, the "castle" is just a tall tower. But you enter through a home/inn with lots of antiques and interesting furnishings and a good historic park. $10 or $15 to enter. There's a rum tasting room. And yes you can walk from downtown C.A. but take a tram or taxi from the cruise port to downtown. It is up hill. I wouldn't pay for a guided tour as its easily seen DIY.

As I recall, and it's been a few years back now, the "castle" is just a tall tower. But you enter through a home/inn with lots of antiques and interesting furnishings and a good historic park. $10 or $15 to enter. There's a rum tasting room. And yes you can walk from downtown C.A. but take a tram or taxi from the cruise port to downtown. It is up hill. I wouldn't pay for a guided tour as its easily seen DIY.

It was pretty underwhelming. We were dropped there at the end of our excursion, down the 99 steps into town.

Blackbeards Castle is now an independent boutique hotel. You can tour the gardens, but have to pay an entrance fee. The walk up there is very nice and the views are wonderful. It was a nice side trip (walking) but didn't pay to go inside.