Boston Cruise port

allentownahoy

11:55 should be no problem. From the ship you can see the airport on the other side of the harbor and watch the planes land. On a Sunday morning it should be no more than a 15 minute cab ride. I wouldn't get crazy about being the very first people off the ship. Carry off, but don't feel you have to rush.

Thanks so much for your quick response. I'm assuming a cab or Uber is readily available there at the port.

You helped me many yrs ago with our first sailing from Boston. I'm so glad you're still helping us and others with questions and suggestions for the Boston area. Again thanks!

A question about taxi service at the port. 6 of us want to spend some time at the Kennedy Library. Will we have to split up or will there be larger taxis able to accommodate us? Does anyone know how easy it is to grab a taxi back from the Library?

thanks.

My husband and I are on a back-to-back cruise from Montreal to Boston and back to Montreal. We will be arriving in Boston on June 17, which is the day of the tall ship parade. Does anyone know if we will be able to watch the activities from the Maasdam, or if we would be better off going somewhere else. Since we've never been to Boston before, we plan to take the ship's tour in the morning which takes us around the highlights of Boston and Cambridge. We figure that the city will be busy with people wanting to see the tall ships, hence it might be better for us to take a ship tour rather than do something privately or take the hop on hop off trolleys. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

A question about taxi service at the port. 6 of us want to spend some time at the Kennedy Library. Will we have to split up or will there be larger taxis able to accommodate us? Does anyone know how easy it is to grab a taxi back from the Library?

thanks.

I can't say about 6 in a cab, maybe an Uber. The best place to catch a cab back from the museum is the JFK/UMass Red Line T station. The museum offers free shuttles to/from the station, and last time I was past there, there were cabs available.

My husband and I are on a back-to-back cruise from Montreal to Boston and back to Montreal. We will be arriving in Boston on June 17, which is the day of the tall ship parade. Does anyone know if we will be able to watch the activities from the Maasdam, or if we would be better off going somewhere else. Since we've never been to Boston before, we plan to take the ship's tour in the morning which takes us around the highlights of Boston and Cambridge. We figure that the city will be busy with people wanting to see the tall ships, hence it might be better for us to take a ship tour rather than do something privately or take the hop on hop off trolleys. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

From where the boat docks you might be able to see the parade in the distance, but there's a good chance your ship's view will be obstructed by other boats. If you get off the boat and can walk 1/2 mile or so you should be able to find an unobstructed view.