Getting your money's worth with drink package

vedettes1

Yes very safe to drink BUT it has a very different mineral balance and for a lot of people this can have side effects, swelling ankles, fingers, painful joints

As one affected, I love my package, it keeps me well stocked in water as well as wine etc

Count me as one of those people. Goes back to childhood, could not even visit relatives a state away without having GI issues. Dad finally realized it was the water- and that he passed it on to me. :rolleyes:

And I do believe that someone up thread asked about 1L bottles of water- I was on the Connie in February (with premium package) and was able to grab 1L bottles of Evian. There were also larger bottles of sparkling water. I think Premiums could get San Pellegrino. Classic package it was 1L bottles of Crystal Geyser. Not that I can tell the difference, but once in a while a bar would be out of Evian and would apologize and say "this is a classic level but I'm so sorry it's all I have". *shrugs* bottled water was bottled water to me.

As long as you had two cards, they'd serve two drinks at a time. But, let's say I wanted my morning coffee and water? The bartender would tell me he'd give me a water, ring it, and just ask me to wait a minute or two while he made my coffee or what not. Then he'd just swipe my card again. For actual drink drinks, if it was me by myself with no access to a second card, they would ask me to be at least half done with a drink before they'd give me another.

I felt like I more than got my money's worth on the PDP, esp as upgrade from 123Go. And that wasn't because I drank myself into liver failure. I'm like another poster here- between my coffee and tea (which came in handy later when I got laryngitis) and other drinks during the day such as glasses of wine with dinner, appertifs before/cordials after, plus unlimited liters of water- I more than got my share. And for the first time in my cruise history did not end up bloated or dehyrdated after 7 days. It was worth it for us, but like all things, YMMV.

It would be easy for anyone to do that and not realized it.

A Bloody Mary, screwdriver or Mimosa in the morning

A beer or 2 during lunch.

A few beers around the pool, or a few frozen daiquiris,

Beer or two on the balcony getting ready before dinner or a glass of wine.

A Martini before dinner.

A few glasses of wine during dinner and a after dinner drink.

A few drinks later in a lounge or in the theater.

A night cap or 2 sitting on the balcony before bed.

Drink up 🍸🍻🍺

If I did that, I would be 100 pounds heavier by the end of the cruise, and probably would not even be able to stagger off the ship on my own without assistance. :D

It would be easy for anyone to do that and not realized it.

A Bloody Mary, screwdriver or Mimosa in the morning

A beer or 2 during lunch.

A few beers around the pool, or a few frozen daiquiris,

Beer or two on the balcony getting ready before dinner or a glass of wine.

A Martini before dinner.

A few glasses of wine during dinner and a after dinner drink.

A few drinks later in a lounge or in the theater.

A night cap or 2 sitting on the balcony before bed.

Drink up 🍸🍻🍺

I'm with you. The last Greek cruise we were on, we had exactly 400 drink transactions. Albeit, it did include some bottled water. I think amateur's need to stay away from drink packages.

On our cruises, I always add up the cost of all the alcoholic drinks on out final bill. The most we ever spent for a 14 day cruise was about $500 for two of us.

We don't start drinking until about 5pm. We don't buy bottled water, sodas or five dollar coffee.

Now we are elite and spend even less on alcohol.

We do not drink much, when we drink at home we eat, makes a big difference.

We had 2 martini on an X cruise, we were drunk, because we still had not had dinner.

At home we have 2 martinis with our meal and are fine. So no reason to buy a drink package on board.

We usually buy a couple of bottles of wine on - pick up a meal from the buffet and enjoy with our wine on our balcony. Works for us.