St. Thomas Experts Please

dtripli

We are sailing on the Glory Oct 28th on the Easter Caribbean Itinerary. I was considering buying a resort pass for the day and wondering if anyone had any suggestions. One seems to be Morning Star by Marriott. Or are we better off booking an excursion through Carnival to sapphire beach? It will be me, husband and our 9 year old son. I know we also need to consider the hurricane damage. Maybe the ship wont even stop here now. But we are 6 weeks away; so I don't know what to expect. Any thoughts/advice on planning for the stop (or not) will be greatly appreciated.

We are sailing on the Glory Oct 28th on the Easter Caribbean Itinerary. I was considering buying a resort pass for the day and wondering if anyone had any suggestions. One seems to be Morning Star by Marriott. Or are we better off booking an excursion through Carnival to sapphire beach? It will be me, husband and our 9 year old son. I know we also need to consider the hurricane damage. Maybe the ship wont even stop here now. But we are 6 weeks away; so I don't know what to expect. Any thoughts/advice on planning for the stop (or not) will be greatly appreciated.

Based on the pictures I have seen, I would be very surprised if cruise ships are going there next month. If they do go, we have just booked a taxi to Sapphire Beach the last two times we were there on a cruise ship. I can't remember the cost but I am pretty sure it was less than $20 per person roundtrip. This is way better than the ship's excursion because you can come and go as you please. I have airline tickets for next May to St. Thomas and were planning on staying for 15 days. We were going to stay on St. John but we don't even know if that is going to happen.

Do not buy the pass through any company selling that right now Frenchman's Reef where that is located is currently closed due to Hurricane Irma and no one knows what other damage Hurricane Maria has done to the island. It is closed until further notice.

It would be a miracle beyond miracles if cruise ships could go back to St. Thomas for your sailing and is honestly very highly unlikely. The island needs to get the infrastructure back up and running for the residents and they have a lot of work to do that.

You will want to follow the current news on the catastrophic destruction that hurricane Irma wrought on St Thomas and the other Windward Islands and the urgent relief efforts taking place on these islands. You will find numerous sources on Facebook and other forums by Googling.

I don't know how the cruise lines are dealing with the catastrophic damage to this and other Windward Islands, I assume some cruises are being cancelled and others rerouted to other areas of the Carib. And with Maria's damage to Dominica, St Croix, and expected catastrophic damage to Puerto Rico it will be even more difficult to provide aid and materials to the rest of these islands...