Memory Lane ....Who have you met on a Cruise?

Right, OK.

Kruzseeka and Cruisin Linda have met Topsy on a cruise because she was wearing a big red flower.

Who have you met and how?

Were they members of CC or FB, someone from a previous cruise, a celebrity, or someone who looked like someone you knew?

Or, have you hidden from someone you knew on a cruise? :eek:

Amusing answers are very acceptable. :D

Met up with topsey130 (Toni) on. Celebration in June this year would like to meet up with you but we do the same cruises but a couple of weeks apart never mind.. met a lady off here can't remember her name on dream in 2011 Jim the scot was on too but didn't bump into him following him to beni next month but not same week unfortu lately would love to have a drink with him

Well done Jak, for trying to get some conversation started.:)

We haven't met anyone from here that I know of but, one year when we were returning from Corfu we were delayed at the airport.......indefinitely something wrong with the plane:(. Anyway Thomsons took us all to a restaurant for lunch (it opened specially for us), and we were sat at a table with a few people including a couple who had been on the ship. The woman moaned constantly, not just about the delay and the food but the cruise we had just been on which was the Adriatic, and you all know how good that is:). She insinuated that Thomsons were rubbish and she would just stick to better cruise lines in future. The next cruise we went on we were standing in the queue at the airport and lo and behold there they were in front of us, lowering themselves to our standard again:rolleyes:. Hubby wanted to say "I thought you were never comming again", but I really didn't want to talk to her so I moved further to the back of the queue so we wouldn't be sat next to them on the plane and then avoided them in the lounge.

There are so many lovely people on a Thomsons cruise I think it's best to avoid the moaners.:D

We met up with several from the FB group on our cruise this year on the Celebration - it was lovely to put names to faces & we still keep in touch! We are on the same cruise next year as Toni (Topsey) and also another lovely couple and another family who were on the Celebration with us this year too ;) Looking forward to it :)

strangely....(I'm guessing because we usually cruise at the same time of year) we often meet up with the same people from previous cruises....the last 5 Christmases we have meet up with the same families/couples who we now keep in regular contact with the rest of the year:cool:

and of course the crew who always remember you....some of which we also keep in touch with (facebook is great for that)

we once met rod stewart on the cunard a few years ago.......well I say met...just passed in the corridor a couple of times

ms magot was highly enamoured by this (and spent a not insignificant amount of time lurking around corridors) .....we are sailing....we are sailing.....la la la laa....cross the sea:p:)

I met Dave on the Majesty in February. I had been looking out for him all week, but we only met up as I was taking photos of the theatre on our last morning and mentioned CC. Dave had another week onboard, but sadly it was the week of the accident where crew members were killed in a lifeboat drill.

I met Dave too. On the first cruise ship I had been on ...a day visit to the Spirit at Newcastle. Bouyed up by I don't know what, I asked this man sat at the bar in Horizons if he was called Dave....and he was. Don't know who was the most surprised. :D:)

Didn't find Scarey Mary that time though! :(

On our cruise in May, we got speaking to a couple. My husband later said he recognised the wife. He thought it may have been the nurse who took ante natal classes when I was pregnant over 24 years ago. When we met up with them again , he dropped hints and yes it was her. She also had recognised me and had mentioned this to her husband.

Yes we met Little Nell and family on the Adriatic cruise last year. She made the mistake of posting her cabin number so I just went calling! :DBut it was a such a pleasure meeting them all.:)

Also ended up reflecting on the fabulous Santorini with Dave as we were leaning on the rail during the sail away.

On the first night of another cruise the lady I was sitting next to in the Show Lounge started to chat and we realized we'd been chatting on here discussing excursions before we left!

When we were on P&O this year we bumped into a couple who had been on our table on Destiny some years ago. They had done a world sector on P&O and enjoyed that but still did Thomson and were reflecting on how the entertainment on P&O lacked the Wow factor. Interesting.

And as geo says, it's unusual for us not to meet someone on board that owe've cruised with before.

On our very first cruise, first evening, we were seated at a table with another couple and began making conversation. Turned out Anne and I went to the same school, she was a year older, we did not recognise each other until we mentioned our maiden names and then we remembered. Then we discovered that her partner worked with our neighbour (husband of one of my cruise friends). Small world. Didn't see them again until our last night on the cruise.

Also met Ashby (not that I knew it at the time) on a taxi transfer to the beach at Roatan. I did a review when we got back and mentioned that one couple were dropped off at a butterfly farm. Ashby replied and said she and her DH were that couple. Subsequently we were both on Spirit on a Baltic cruise stopping at Kiel. On here we had been discussing diy options and linked up along with a few others to get the train to Lübeck. I notice she is doing the Transatlantic in April. Wonder if we might make it three meetings............ I must say I like the look of the itinerary! :D

Kruzseeka I remember you saying you knocked twice on my cabin on dream in 2011 but we were always out shame would have loved to meet you

Well I eventually met Not so Scarey Mary on a Canarian cruise. After the usual numerous embarrassing requests of people who I thought might be Mary, I eventually rang her cabin (we had exchanged cabin numbers) and we arranged to meet. :D

Also met Ashby (not that I knew it at the time) on a taxi transfer to the beach at Roatan. I did a review when we got back and mentioned that one couple were dropped off at a butterfly farm. Ashby replied and said she and her DH were that couple. Subsequently we were both on Spirit on a Baltic cruise stopping at Kiel. On here we had been discussing diy options and linked up along with a few others to get the train to Lübeck. I notice she is doing the Transatlantic in April. Wonder if we might make it three meetings............ I must say I like the look of the itinerary! :D

KRUZSEEKA!!, you haven't been on the first one yet.:eek::D

KRUZSEEKA!!, you haven't been on the first one yet.:eek::D

A girl can dream! :D. But you are right happy v mustn't get ahead of myself - perhaps the TA won't be my thing. it's just that different /unusual itineraries are always tempting.

Kruzseeka I remember you saying you knocked twice on my cabin on dream in 2011 but we were always out shame would have loved to meet you

Yes, it was a pity - should have put a note under your door. Still who knows.......... perhaps another time.:)

A girl can dream! :D. But you are right happy v mustn't get ahead of myself - perhaps the TA won't be my thing. it's just that different /unusual itineraries are always tempting.

Totally agree, and I admit I am very curious to see how it all goes.

Archived