Haven Dinner Menu on Jewel Class Ships

kdzkatz

One of the things I read regularly on threads comparing the Haven on Jewel class vs Away class ships is the lack of a dedicated restaurant. While NCL, IMO, accommodates suite passengers nicely for breakfast and lunch there is nothing special for dinner.

I would think it would be nice if they offered a special suite menu for dinner in both of the main dining rooms (only location I could think of for this but there could be other places to do this I'm sure). I know it wouldn't have the peace and quiet you get for breakfast and lunch but it would give you an opportunity to have dinner menu choices similar to those on larger ships. You could also have that food delivered to your room if you wanted a more intimate atmosphere.

I don't think roping off any particular area in the main rooms would be necessary as you don't know how many would be dining there each evening and draw unwanted attention to those eating in that area. Just simply offering a second menu with special selections would be a nice touch and I don't think too much of an inconvenience.

Does anyone else think something like this would be a nice touch or is being able to have food brought up to the Haven area good enough for you? (We did that once and it took a long time and with how far the food had to travel it wasn't very warm so we didn't do it again).

No. I don't think this would be a good idea.

Sure, they could have a little section for the handful of special people, but the numbers would be small. Between folks eating at buffet, the lighter restaurants, speciality restaurants or not eating would reduce the numbers considerably. (yes, haven people eat at Buffet or maybe not even full dinner - we did multiple times)

I know there are many more choices for dinner than there are for breakfast and lunch so there is not nearly as much need for a VIP menu. With that said, suite prices are just as ridiculous on the Jewel class ships as on the newer ones. I have only sailed on Jewel class and Dawn class so I have no first hand experience on ships with a dedicated suite restaurant. Is the Haven dinner menu impressively better than the main dining or is it more about the atmosphere in the Haven restaurant?

I'm perfectly happy with how it is on the Jewel class ships it was just something I thought about as I have read many times one of the differences between Jewel class and Away classes is the dedicated restaurant which also serves dinner on the Away class.

garycarla we also eat at the buffet a fair amount of the time and enjoy it (especially the crepe station). We are not picky or high maintenance even though we do very much enjoy the suite life.