NCL Dawn (Boston)

esm54687

How was the parking situation in the new open air parking and the shuttle service? I enjoyed parking at the garage, it was very convenient.

Can't speak for the shuttle part but the open air lot I stayed in was outstanding..... easy walk and easy exit. This is the same lot you could park in previously that's not listed on the Massport site (next to ship at her bow)

Can't speak for the shuttle part but the open air lot I stayed in was outstanding..... easy walk and easy exit. This is the same lot you could park in previously that's not listed on the Massport site (next to ship at her bow)[/quote

We parked at a garage several years ago. What is the cost of the lot you used?

• 2 weeks later...
My Husband uses a CPap. Will the cord be able to reach the outlet, or should I bring an extension cord?

I do as well and he will need an extension cord as there is none by the bed. CPAP almost long enough, but not quite.

I do as well and he will need an extension cord as there is none by the bed. CPAP almost long enough, but not quite.

Hi Mesci:

I have one also - started with it in March 2017.

Did you have any issues getting distilled water for your CPAP on the ship?

Panama Garry

Hi Mesci:

I have one also - started with it in March 2017.

Did you have any issues getting distilled water for your CPAP on the ship?

Panama Garry

This must be the CPAP Support thread. lol ME TOO (and my wife).... extension cord a must.... also had no issues getting free distilled water. I had emailed accessdesk@ncl.com before leaving...... if you don't, the steward will be happy to collect a bottle for you.

Hi Scott:

Perchance are you joining us on the Boston-Boston RT in October 2018

The sailing is filling up fast

Panama garry

I would LOVE to do the RT but had already booked the 11-Day Eastern on the Gem in March 2018.... and Lisa (wife) has us planned to return to Bermuda in May 2019 so no room for the 2018 one.... That looks incredible!

• 1 month later...
Just boarded and the order is:

1) Ambassador, Platinum Plus, Platinum

2) Special Assistance

3) Numbered Groups

No CAS priority except getting a lower number. I received Group 3 and arrived at 10am.

If you are looking to park in the garage, it is only available for overflow of the open air lots.

The original Massport open air parking lot that is located at the bow (one they said was closed).... is open ($20 / day) - this was a pleasant surprise as I love this lot and the easy access.

They were asking your "arrival time" but not checking or enforcing. They staggered people going up the escalator which made going through security a breeze and checkin fast.

Hi it's our first time out of Boston. We have done New York a lot . Can't decide on driving or taking the train. We live in Connecticut probably around the same price. But I did some research and there seems to a garage .3 miles away called Air Rights Garage. They say no reservations. Do you know anything about this garage? Or could you suggest the best parking ?

Thank you !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi it's our first time out of Boston. We have done New York a lot . Can't decide on driving or taking the train. We live in Connecticut probably around the same price. But I did some research and there seems to a garage .3 miles away called Air Rights Garage. They say no reservations. Do you know anything about this garage? Or could you suggest the best parking ?

Thank you !

If you take the train, South Station is very close to the Black Falcon Cruise Port. You can grab a cab from South Station and be there quickly.

I don't like driving in Boston, and always take the commuter rail into the city. When we come into the cruise port, we use a car service. Just saying.

My husband uses a CPAP, so I called NCL's accessibility assistance number, 877-584-9756 to let them know we would be bringing that and a portable O2 concentrator aboard. They were so nice, and asked if we needed distilled water, saying it would be in our stateroom courtesy of NCL. I think it is wise to call ahead rather than try to bring it aboard and have your luggage sent to the naughty suitcase room.

If you take the train, South Station is very close to the Black Falcon Cruise Port. You can grab a cab from South Station and be there quickly.

I don't like driving in Boston, and always take the commuter rail into the city. When we come into the cruise port, we use a car service. Just saying.

So it sounds like a train would be alot easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it sounds like a train would be alot easier

Actually, from Connecticut.... driving would be my choice..... parking lots are super convenient.

Black Falcon Terminal

Flynn Cruiseport (Boston)

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/

Shuttle & Cell Phone Lot: 22 Fid Kennedy Ave, Boston, MA 02210 ($20 / $19 pre pay)

Bow Lot: EDIC Pier, Boston, MA 02210 ($20) (this my preference)

Garage: 12 Drydock Ave, South Boston, MA 02210 ($20)

- If driving .... continue all the way down Drydock Ave and it will loop around to the right and turn into Black Falcon Ave. Stay in line of cars and after the taxi line, pull left to unload luggage to porters. If you want to park in "Bow Lot" then continue on approx 0.12 miles and lot is on left. Pay, Park and walk the 3 minutes back to pier. Since you already dropped off your luggage, stay along the right (away from people getting off buses, being dropped off) and head to escalator that says "this way to ship". You do NOT have to stay in the huge middle line as those are the people dropping off luggage.... just walk around them.

Edited by esm54687

Actually, from Connecticut.... driving would be my choice..... parking lots are super convenient.

Black Falcon Terminal

Flynn Cruiseport (Boston)

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/

Shuttle & Cell Phone Lot: 22 Fid Kennedy Ave, Boston, MA 02210 ($20 / $19 pre pay)

Bow Lot: EDIC Pier, Boston, MA 02210 ($20) (this my preference)

Garage: 12 Drydock Ave, South Boston, MA 02210 ($20)

- If driving .... continue all the way down Drydock Ave and it will loop around to the right and turn into Black Falcon Ave. Stay in line of cars and after the taxi line, pull left to unload luggage to porters. If you want to park in "Bow Lot" then continue on approx 0.12 miles and lot is on left. Pay, Park and walk the 3 minutes back to pier. Since you already dropped off your luggage, stay along the right (away from people getting off buses, being dropped off) and head to escalator that says "this way to ship". You do NOT have to stay in the huge middle line as those are the people dropping off luggage.... just walk around them.

Thank you so much for the help. Do you know what time the Bow lot opens?

Thank you so much for the help. Do you know what time the Bow lot opens?

For this lot, the passengers from the previous cruise must depart to free up the spaces so anytime after 9am would be a good time to arrive. This lot is dedicated to cruise passengers.

The other lot and garage are always open because they support many other events

For this lot, the passengers from the previous cruise must depart to free up the spaces so anytime after 9am would be a good time to arrive. This lot is dedicated to cruise passengers.

The other lot and garage are always open because they support many other events

Thank you ! One last question. Are there restaurants within walking distance after park?

Thank you ! One last question. Are there restaurants within walking distance after park?

Not really full blown restaurants.... there's a Dunkin Donuts nearby..... but remember you cannot bring any liquids beyond the security check-point

Not really full blown restaurants.... there's a Dunkin Donuts nearby..... but remember you cannot bring any liquids beyond the security check-point

Thank you , I was just wondering because I know we will get in around 9 not sure we can go in at the time