NCL Dawn (Boston)

esm54687

compfixer was nice enough to include the NCL Complimentary Ferry schedule (#54) in case anyone missed it amongst all the pictures, etc

On St. Catherine beach as we speak. Ferry holds around 300 people. Took 45 mins from dock yard to St George. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On St. Catherine beach as we speak. Ferry holds around 300 people. Took 45 mins from dock yard to St George. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:hearteyes: Are ya Going to Blackbeard's Hideaway :cool:

Final

929da87f8a2290d5892acc8249d68d95.jpg6a88d9a1dab3ce00c75f88233ccfeefa.jpg2d8e0abbfa29aff9d96c33dd55df77a2.jpgfb3ab7e245f660678309a9081910dcb3.jpg

Me and Ed didn't even get this packet this year. If we hadn't cruised before we might have been discombobulated with walk off. [emoji12]

Was it delivered to your room as usual. He didn't leave us customs forms either but we had picked them up earlier in the atrium.

I kind of thought oh well I guess they're saving paper or something. Which...NO. I threw so much away every day.

Actually I just read yours to Ed and got the dreaded last night chills.

What did you think of disembarkation. I thought it went smooth. We were home by 8:45.

The line wasn't a long wait. When we started moving I assumed it was the trick where they were going to walk us out and around the entire outside deck.

They improve that show every year.

I have to go back and read that nightmare "2+ hour wait outside in line" post to Ed. He was sleeping when I saw it last night. What the...[emoji37]

Yes, delivered Wednesday night (I think)

We befriended a couple in the corner aft suite and they gave us a couple VIP luggage tags and we left with them (via the conceirge) around 7:45a and we were back home by 9am ... only 12 more points until gold so I can go legitimately..... they just collected the custom forms and no passport check so I was happy and it went quick.

I'm very confused about the 2+ hour wait because there were no emergencies going on upstairs and the security check-point and check-in counters were flowing nicely. Unless they started enforcing the "staggered arrival" times and it got bogged down with people too early.

I hope Boston goes to the Mobile Customs app..... that would be outstanding

Yes, delivered Wednesday night (I think)

We befriended a couple in the corner aft suite and they gave us a couple VIP luggage tags and we left with them (via the conceirge) around 7:45a and we were back home by 9am ... only 12 more points until gold so I can go legitimately..... they just collected the custom forms and no passport check so I was happy and it went quick.

I'm very confused about the 2+ hour wait because there were no emergencies going on upstairs and the security check-point and check-in counters were flowing nicely. Unless they started enforcing the "staggered arrival" times and it got bogged down with people too early.

I hope Boston goes to the Mobile Customs app..... that would be outstanding

I havent heard of Mobile Customs app. [emoji848]

I'm confused too about the wait outside. We were the first group upstairs to check in. Our check in time was: Open. But they didn't check anyone. I know people in our group had 11:30. They were counting 80 or 85 at a time. Sending them up.

That was probably part of the hold up out there. The whole time thing is weird. If they're going to pull someone out of line who's been standing there a half hour to let someone who just arrived go ahead it's not a nice feeling I'm sure.

Especially since enforcement was up to the individual pier workers choice. They decided.

I didnt see anything unusual either. We were seated down near the boarding door. That whole room filled up fast! It's so exciting waiting to board!!

They probably wouldnt let them all in until it emptied? Then they'd refill.

Glitches are common for the first week. We always cruise the first Boston to Bermuda of the season... I think they all forget the plan. Or change it. The old computers malfunction. The credit card machine was not working when we checked in. Had to go to guest services onboard.

The news said they were having a dedication of the new terminal name. Flynn.

That's great you got the VIP tags! Where did you meet concierge. Bliss?

We usually have the tags...

We missed something this year. [emoji10]like that whole

Packet. #donotdisturb [emoji52]

Ed kept saying where's our priority luggage tags.

We're platinum and VIP is one of our perks.

But we only waited a little longer. We were in the garage in our truck at 8:30.

The longest wait was for the garage elevator!We're going to try to park where you did next year.

We hardly left the room Wednesday. I think we slept thru Turn Down. Just got up to eat and go back. Nap. Cappuccinos at Java. Go back "home". Stare at the ocean. Eat. Nap. #imstarving

I never nap except at least one sea day on the cruise. Glorious! Bonine probably helps set the drowsy in.

We also got a dozen jumbo shrimp/cocktail delivered compliments of the head chef. Rav? I forget his name. (Embarrassing but I'm so forgetful) He's been on for several years. He had talked to us as we left Cagney's one night. And then asked our cabin number. Did you get one? The waiter had two of them when he knocked on our door.

Well Ed ate all 12 of ours. I'm vegan.

BTW the cruise parking signs were out at the garage entrance when we were leaving it. For the May 12 passengers.

The people working said YES cruise passengers can still park there. We asked. I bet they were mad passengers (like you) were being turned away the previous Friday. They probably lost a lot of money. I'll wait to hear how it went this week.

I hope we never have to bumble with the new lot and shuttle.

My prediction is the lot you used will become handicapped parking. Due to getting on and off the shuttle. Not easy with wheelchairs and scooters.

We had a great week!!

Have fun in your next aft-facing on the Gem! When is it? March?

Everyone this week and going forward on the Dawn I'll be watching for your comments and reviews!

We met so many nice people. [emoji177]

I think the Mobile Customs App is being used at PoM so it's probably only a matter of time.

The dedication to Flynn was the day before our sail date and the Anthem of the Seas was there (she's largest ship to have docked there so far).

We also did a ton of napping!! 😁.... how could you not with that calm seas and sound of the wake....

That's funny, we did get a dozen shrimp but there was actually no reason for us to. Turned out our suite friends deferred their afternoon snack to us. I had all 12 as Lisa is not a seafood person at all. ☺

I was not unhappy about the garage as much as frustrated to loop around after dropping off luggage and then fighting traffic to make a u turn out of there and being told to go to a lot that was "closed" just to find it open ... I like the open air lot we were in as it is flat and a straight walk to / from the pier. The shuttle lot I can do without.

We had a fantastic week. Yes, 11 day in March on the Gem and either the first or second sailing in 2019 to Bermuda.

It was great to meet you and Ed

<p>

I think the Mobile Customs App is being used at PoM so it's probably only a matter of time. <br>

<br>

The dedication to Flynn was the day before our sail date and the Anthem of the Seas was there (she's largest ship to have docked there so far). <br>

<br>

We also did a ton of napping!! .... how could you not with that calm seas and sound of the wake.... <br>

<br>

That's funny, we did get a dozen shrimp but there was actually no reason for us to. Turned out our suite friends deferred their afternoon snack to us. I had all 12 as Lisa is not a seafood person at all. ☺ </p><br><p><br>

<br>

I was not unhappy about the garage as much as frustrated to loop around after dropping off luggage and then fighting traffic to make a u turn out of there and being told to go to a lot that was "closed" just to find it open ... I like the open air lot we were in as it is flat and a straight walk to / from the pier. The shuttle lot I can do without. <br>

<br>

We had a fantastic week. Yes, 11 day in March on the Gem and either the first or second sailing in 2019 to Bermuda.<br>

<br>

It was great to meet you and Ed

</p><br><p>

I'll try again later. I had a question about your disembark. But the font looks weird.

Edited by leekel619

Scott or anyone who used priority disembark... when you left at 7:45 did you have your luggage with you or put it out the night before. We can't remember one year from the next but we've had the perk several years and hardly use it. We seem to remember last year you had to put your luggage out with the priority tags the night before, then meet concierge and then walk off. (We've kept our luggage and easy walked off since they started that. But some years its not so easy! LONG line.)

The year before we met concierge and she led us off. I feel like we were dragging our luggage with us. Its easier now, we're down to small suitcases.

It's not super important to us but we're curious. May as well take the easy way off!

It's all because we didn't get the packet. I'll read yours again.

Like I said we were home by 8:45. Unpacked by 9!

Now to enjoy the summer and check in on the happenings in Bermuda. Like striking ferry drivers etc. We were just saying what if the longshoremen in Boston went on strike. Yikes.

Looks like it may be close to 90 on Thursday.