NCL Dawn (Boston)

esm54687

Scott or anyone who used priority disembark... when you left at 7:45 did you have your luggage with you or put it out the night before. We can't remember one year from the next but we've had the perk several years and hardly use it.

Hi... we kept our luggage and went down to Stardust around 7:30a. We placed the VIP tags on the luggage in case we were questioned but I was concerned that there was nothing on the tag to indicate "walk off" and it would end up being taken off the ship to the luggage area if we put it outside (wow, that was one heck of a run-on sentence). The concierge confirmed with the Customs Agent and walked us right out to him (doors right next to Stardust)

I havent heard of Mobile Customs app. [emoji848]

I'm confused too about the wait outside. We were the first group upstairs to check in. Our check in time was: Open. But they didn't check anyone. I know people in our group had 11:30. They were counting 80 or 85 at a time. Sending them up.

That was probably part of the hold up out there. The whole time thing is weird. If they're going to pull someone out of line who's been standing there a half hour to let someone who just arrived go ahead it's not a nice feeling I'm sure.

Especially since enforcement was up to the individual pier workers choice. They decided.

I didnt see anything unusual either. We were seated down near the boarding door. That whole room filled up fast! It's so exciting waiting to board!!

They probably wouldnt let them all in until it emptied? Then they'd refill.

Glitches are common for the first week. We always cruise the first Boston to Bermuda of the season... I think they all forget the plan. Or change it. The old computers malfunction. The credit card machine was not working when we checked in. Had to go to guest services onboard.

The news said they were having a dedication of the new terminal name. Flynn.

That's great you got the VIP tags! Where did you meet concierge. Bliss?

We usually have the tags...

We missed something this year. [emoji10]like that whole

Packet. #donotdisturb [emoji52]

Ed kept saying where's our priority luggage tags.

We're platinum and VIP is one of our perks.

But we only waited a little longer. We were in the garage in our truck at 8:30.

The longest wait was for the garage elevator!We're going to try to park where you did next year.

We hardly left the room Wednesday. I think we slept thru Turn Down. Just got up to eat and go back. Nap. Cappuccinos at Java. Go back "home". Stare at the ocean. Eat. Nap. #imstarving

I never nap except at least one sea day on the cruise. Glorious! Bonine probably helps set the drowsy in.

We also got a dozen jumbo shrimp/cocktail delivered compliments of the head chef. Rav? I forget his name. (Embarrassing but I'm so forgetful) He's been on for several years. He had talked to us as we left Cagney's one night. And then asked our cabin number. Did you get one? The waiter had two of them when he knocked on our door.

Well Ed ate all 12 of ours. I'm vegan.

BTW the cruise parking signs were out at the garage entrance when we were leaving it. For the May 12 passengers.

The people working said YES cruise passengers can still park there. We asked. I bet they were mad passengers (like you) were being turned away the previous Friday. They probably lost a lot of money. I'll wait to hear how it went this week.

I hope we never have to bumble with the new lot and shuttle.

My prediction is the lot you used will become handicapped parking. Due to getting on and off the shuttle. Not easy with wheelchairs and scooters.

We had a great week!!

Have fun in your next aft-facing on the Gem! When is it? March?

Everyone this week and going forward on the Dawn I'll be watching for your comments and reviews!

We met so many nice people. [emoji177]

We are on the June 2 cruise and we're trying to figure out where to park. What does the garage cost? Is the lot at the bow of the ship easy to walk to?

We are on the June 2 cruise and we're trying to figure out where to park. What does the garage cost? Is the lot at the bow of the ship easy to walk to?

Lot at the bow is super simple and it's my preferred..... when I got there at 930ish the garage was closed and used for lot overflow..... but Cindy arrived around 9ish and was able to park in garage.... lot was $20 and Cindy mentioned it was $20 in the garage.

Lot at the bow is super simple and it's my preferred..... when I got there at 930ish the garage was closed and used for lot overflow..... but Cindy arrived around 9ish and was able to park in garage.... lot was $20 and Cindy mentioned it was $20 in the garage.

Thank you.

I'm going to be just next door, in 10230, in a week! I'm really looking forward to that balcony! :cool:

Awesome location...... call NCL and have them add the request for the lounge chair in your reservation. By default, these are removed from non suite rooms and added per request. It will give the room steward some time to get the lounge chairs without passenger traffic, etc.

Be warned, the smell of fresh baked breads and pastries does sometimes become overwhelming. ☺

Awesome location...... call NCL and have them add the request for the lounge chair in your reservation. By default, these are removed from non suite rooms and added per request. It will give the room steward some time to get the lounge chairs without passenger traffic, etc.

Be warned, the smell of fresh baked breads and pastries does sometimes become overwhelming. ☺

I agree the smell of fresh bread probably accounted for a few extra pounds on my cruises!

I'm going to be just next door, in 10230, in a week! I'm really looking forward to that balcony! :cool:

We were in 10230 May 5-12! We love that room! Been back there the last 7 or 8 years in a row. We've been in 10730 also but our first choice is this one.

We always have the two loungers usually without request but this year only one when we entered our 'home' for the week. (I think Scott got ours [emoji6]) just kidding. But we didn't bother to get another.

I love aft-facing!!

Last year we were booked in 10230 and due to extended dry dock time they cancelled our cruise. We rapidly re-booked into another aft-facing B1 on deck 8. (8676) it was the only one left. Now we know why.

It was the worst loud thumping club music from Bliss every night from 11pm until about 2-3am. Not kidding. The speakers in Bliss are under your bed.

Lesson learned. Maybe they got in there and soundproofed. I rarely see complaints. Maybe the people who book it are in Bliss till closing. [emoji126]🕺

That trip was mid June. We always cruise 1st one out in May.

We booked May 4, 2018 a few months ago. In January I think. 10230!! 349 days [emoji10]

Who exactly would I call with a pre-cruise request for loungers? I've never thought of requesting something ahead of time. I guess I thought that was something only suite guests could do!

Also, where does the scent of fresh-baked bread come from? Is the bakery nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You would call PCC or TA and they would add it to your reservation .... you don't have to but it gives the steward a chance to get things done as they are preparing for your visit. If you forget, just ask when you get to the room.

The Venetian is a couple decks directly below you so the kitchen etc is baking and the vents, etc drift to the balcony

We will be staying in 10728 immediately next door out of San Juan next January. Do you know if the layout is the same as 10730? Thanks

The deck will have the same depth but the suites are maybe 20% wider and you have wicker furniture not the ones I had (standard) ..... if Vereen is still the steward, you will be very well taken care of

The deck will have the same depth but the suites are maybe 20% wider and you have wicker furniture not the ones I had (standard) ..... if Vereen is still the steward, you will be very well taken care of

You and I were at the center where it splits. We had different stewards. We loved ours. Sorry I forget his name. And I had to copy it carefully off the TV for hero cards.

I wish I was out on that deck right now. Or lounging on the bed staring out at the sea and sky. Listening to the sounds. [emoji173]

Thanks for the dailies and all the other info. We haven't been on NCL for a while - I don't see any mention of "formal nite" or "Dress up or Not Nite" - have they done away with this completely? Just wondering if we should pack our "dress up" clothes or not bother. We do like the formal nights and the opportunity to "dress up" but I know some lines have done away with this completely....:(

We are sailing on June 2 - can't wait and so happy about the new complimentary ferry service -we love the St George area and this will make travel there that much easier!

Any one use UBER from the Boston docks? How hard was it to spot your driver?

You're welcome....

Part of Freestyle, NCL does not have official "formal nights" but if you want to dress up feel free as there are a ton who do (tuxes and gowns).....the ship's photographers set up in the Atrium several time during the week for professional portrait type pictures.

You're welcome....

Part of Freestyle, NCL does not have official "formal nights" but if you want to dress up feel free as there are a ton who do (tuxes and gowns).....the ship's photographers set up in the Atrium several time during the week for professional portrait type pictures.

Thanks - that's what I was looking for - we do enjoy wearing our "adult dress up" clothes once in a while but didn't want to stand out!

Any one use UBER from the Boston docks? How hard was it to spot your driver?

As Boston is my homeport, I've used Uber to the terminal at Black Falcon Ave. Keep in mind, the street is one way alongside and towards the bow of the ship .The entire transportation row is a circle of two streets in front of the ship. Read this link and have a great cruise

https://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/cruiseport-boston/

Garry