Waverunner/Snorkeling excursion through Carnival - Cozumel

CTMills

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of the actual physical location of the waverunner/snorkeling excursion offered by Carnival in Cozumel. We are considering this as an option and I am very detail-oriented, lol. I just like to map out where we are going before we get there!

Thanks!!!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of the actual physical location of the waverunner/snorkeling excursion offered by Carnival in Cozumel. We are considering this as an option and I am very detail-oriented, lol. I just like to map out where we are going before we get there!

Thanks!!!

Looks like Buccanos. Compare with Google images.

Apparently the SUP excursion goes here also. Looks like a pretty awesome place. Restaurant menu looks good too. Think we've made our decision! :)

We have enjoyed day pass to Buccanos while staying on the island. Some people complain it is too busy with cruise excursions. There is plenty to do if you are looking for water sport activities but we found quiet loungers to the right of the entrance on a terrace with ocean view but not ON the beach. The beach is relatively small. We enjoyed the pool and good bar service despite distance from the bar. We did not eat but the restaurant has good reputation especially for dinner (only served Friday and Saturday night) if you are staying on the island or late in port on those days. There is a tequila tasting, which I believe is free, and massages available. Great bathroom facilities.

The only thing that slightly annoys me about this location and why we don't gnerally go there when cruising, is the pricing policy for independent cruise ship visitors but if you are on an excursion that will not affect you. Enjoy!

Edited by c-leg5

We have enjoyed day pass to Buccanos while staying on the island. Some people complain it is too busy with cruise excursions. There is plenty to do if you are looking for water sport activities but we found quiet loungers to the right of the entrance on a terrace with ocean view but not ON the beach. The beach is relatively small. We enjoyed the pool and good bar service despite distance from the bar. We did not eat but the restaurant has good reputation especially for dinner (only served Friday and Saturday night) if you are staying on the island or late in port on those days. There is a tequila tasting, which I believe is free, and massages available. Great bathroom facilities.

The only thing that slightly annoys me about this location and why we don't gnerally go there when cruising, is the pricing policy for independent cruise ship visitors but if you are on an excursion that will not affect you. Enjoy!

Thanks for all the information. We will be there from 8-4, so dinner will not be an option. Only two ships in port on our day, so hopefully that'll keep the crowds down a little.

• 1 month later...

Hi CTMills, we are also signed up for this excursion on our Nov. 2nd Freedom cruise. You mentioned two ships will be in port at the same time as you. How do you know how many ships will be in the port at the same time? Thanks for posting, buccanos looks beautiful.

Hi CTMills, we are also signed up for this excursion on our Nov. 2nd Freedom cruise. You mentioned two ships will be in port at the same time as you. How do you know how many ships will be in the port at the same time? Thanks for posting, buccanos looks beautiful.

Generally accurate but always subject to change:

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2015.html#.VS-zExg8KrU

• 7 months later...

We will be going on our first cruise leaving from Galveston 5 dec, going to Cozumel, Mahogany Bay and Belize. We are going with 3 couples one of them have cruised many times. They suggested that we bring water shoes or t shoes for our beach excursion (for water activities). My husband and I are beach nuts and never wear shoes in the water. Are shoes really necessary in the water. Thanks.

We will be going on our first cruise leaving from Galveston 5 dec, going to Cozumel, Mahogany Bay and Belize. We are going with 3 couples one of them have cruised many times. They suggested that we bring water shoes or t shoes for our beach excursion (for water activities). My husband and I are beach nuts and never wear shoes in the water. Are shoes really necessary in the water. Thanks.

Water shoes are not needed for most of the popular beach clubs lined up on one side of the island - Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, etc. Beaches on the other side have rocky beaches and dangerous rip-tides; you might need water shoes if you are going to stroll the shore outside of the tourist zone.