Car rental drop off port Everglades

SteelPearl

Budget has a shuttle to the pier. We usually rent from Budget when in FLL. You can pick up the car at the airport (or perhaps elsewhere in FLA - not sure) and drop off at the 17th Street location at no extra charge. They will then shuttle you to the pier at no cost. Its a very short distance.

Have a nice cruise!

In the past, Hertz has actually driven us to the pier in our rental car and dropped us off. I have a high level of status with them, that may be why.

I typically don't rent at the airport anymore because of the high taxes and fees. I save considerably by renting off airport at one of the hotel locations. These are all easy to cab to the port from for a very affordable price.

I have also rented cars and dropped off prior to going to the port and used the W's free "Wheels" service to have them drop me at the pier, no charge.

Drop off is easy with all companies. Alamo/National airport location, need receipt to show driver as they only take their customers to port terminals. Budget at 17th in strip mall, better marked now than before and larger van now. Avis at Hyatt Pier 66 with large van. Hertz at Crown Plaza Hotel and have only 7 passenger van.

For those interested:

Pick-up is easiest with Alamo/National to Airport especially from Terminal 18 for Allure/Oasis as they have dedicated spot and circulate all other terminals. You need to have contract to show as they only take Alamo/National customers.

Other companies had to wait in long lines while I just was on my way immediately from Oasis two weeks ago with Alamo in large bus and they had one waiting to replace it as we left. One guy with family tried to get on and was not able to produce reservation. The security had informed the Alamo driver he had been waiting over an hour for some other company.

Hertz is only one with very small van. The Budget van says Budget/Avis, but is only for Budget(they got it up from Miami recently). Avis van says only Avis on it.

The closest and quickest shuttle into the port will be using either Thrifty or Dollar...they are just outside the gate..I too could choose from the several offered but Thrifty has consistently been the best priced and the easiest to use.

Archived