Hotels in Southampton

I am trying to reserve a room for a 1 night pre cruise stay in Southampton on 13th June 2017. A large number are showing as fully booked on that date ( all premier inns , holiday inn etc.) . Could that really be the case or is it just because I am trying to book to far out?

Some hotels are showing availability but they are not my preferred choice - however if the others really are fully booked I will go ahead and reserve one of them. Looking for one close to the cruise port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think it's probably because you are trying to book too far out.

If you want a hotel near where the ships dock, you need to take into consideration which terminal you are at as there are four in Southampton.

I am trying to reserve a room for a 1 night pre cruise stay in Southampton on 13th June 2017. A large number are showing as fully booked on that date ( all premier inns , holiday inn etc.) . Could that really be the case or is it just because I am trying to book to far out?

Some hotels are showing availability but they are not my preferred choice - however if the others really are fully booked I will go ahead and reserve one of them. Looking for one close to the cruise port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just booked at the Holiday Inn for June 3/17 pre-cruise in Southampton a few weeks ago. Most likely you are too early. Try sending an email to the hotels of interest. They will let you know when they are taking reservations for your time period.

How can you know which terminal. I just started looking for June 2017 too. We are on Caribbean Princess

Not bothered about which terminal - we stayed in premier Inn westquay in April when we went on ovation and just took a taxi to the terminal - very cheap and convenient.

Not bothered about which terminal - we stayed in premier Inn westquay in April when we went on ovation and just took a taxi to the terminal - very cheap and convenient.

In your original post you said "Looking for one close to the cruise port."

Seeing as Southampton is the cruise port I assumed you meant you wanted a hotel near to the terminal which your ship will be berthed at.

Caribbean Princess is using the Ocean Terminal. RCI is using the City Terminal. This should be shown on your documents.

The Seawork International Boat Show (that's the one for work boats, not the major leisure boat show) is 13th to 15th June next year, and that's bound to have some effect on bookings around the Hol Inn / Grand Harbour / Premier Inn West Quay area of the city centre, and possibly elsewhere. But some hotels won't yet be accepting bookings that far out.

Probably best to make a provisional booking with free cancellation soonest, then see how things pan out closer to your date.

Princess ships sail out of berth 46 (Ocean cruise terminal) and berth 105/6 (Mayflower terminal), your ship will be listed on http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk early next year. But no cruise terminals is more than a £10 taxi ride from any city centre hotel, some are walkable.

JB :)