Hilton day pass

twingles3

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can purchase a day pass at the Hilton the same day you arrive? I know you can buy it in advance from the Barbados for a day website but... there is a non refundable deposit. I would like to go but if it is really poor weather conditions I would lose my 60.00 deposit for my family of 4. I tried to call the reservation line, they said to call the hotel directly but I thought I would ask here first to save the cost of the call. If they do sell it the same day, do they sell out, or stop selling at a certain capacity? Also what is the cost for 4 for a taxi to/from the pier to the resort.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can purchase a day pass at the Hilton the same day you arrive? I know you can buy it in advance from the Barbados for a day website but... there is a non refundable deposit. I would like to go but if it is really poor weather conditions I would lose my 60.00 deposit for my family of 4. I tried to call the reservation line, they said to call the hotel directly but I thought I would ask here first to save the cost of the call. If they do sell it the same day, do they sell out, or stop selling at a certain capacity? Also what is the cost for 4 for a taxi to/from the pier to the resort.

I would check Trip Advisor and see if hotel management regularly responds to reviews and questions. I have had great luck with getting answers that way. Also many hotels have emails that you can easily track down and email them direct.

I know it's been a couple years since we've been, but in May 2013 we were able to get day pass the day we arrived. I think it can depend on how much availability they have. We were there in May and were the only cruise ship in port that day. I forget the exact cost for for a taxi since it's been two years but I'm thinking it was about $5.00/pp each way.

I just checked their website for you. There is an option to contact them via email so you can save the cost of the call. It's at the top left of the page, right under "Hilton Barbados Resort" above the address and phone numbers. Attaching the link (it may take a minute for the contact information I mentioned to load/show up on the page): http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/barbados/hilton-barbados-resort-BGIHIHH/index.html?WT.srch=1

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Sent an email....reply was sent quickly.....$40 with no food/drinks....$55 for a meal and 1 non-alcoholic drink.....$15 non-refundable deposit if you book in advance.....still can do same day if available......cheaper for kids......included is umbrella, chair, hot tub, non-motorized water sports, outdoor shower, bathroom for changing and locker.....

Marianne

Sent an email....reply was sent quickly.....$40 with no food/drinks....$55 for a meal and 1 non-alcoholic drink.....$15 non-refundable deposit if you book in advance.....still can do same day if available......cheaper for kids......included is umbrella, chair, hot tub, non-motorized water sports, outdoor shower, bathroom for changing and locker.....

Marianne

Glad you got a response I didn't ! It is the same deal as barbadosdaypass.com which has the deposit nonrefundable. I was hoping to get it directly from the resort without possibly losing a deposit. Other resorts I am going to at other Islands aren't asking for a nonrefundable deposit. I would only cancel if it was poor weather:( Oh well, I'll have to make a decision.

Barbados has great beaches...free...just go to one and rent chairs!!!

Only beach I've been to is the Boat Yard which was very nice but wondering what other good beaches there are to go to. Would need one with calm water.

• 2 weeks later...
Decided to do the Hilton, beach seems nice and calm and close to port. Lots of beach time is important on this cruise as I am doing the RCCL AOS on April 5 out of San Juan, 5 ports!!:)

twingles3:

Was at the Hilton last week on a day pass. The beach there is not nice or calm in comparison to Carlisle Bay around the corner. Beach is rocky with heavy surf and a lot of seaweed. Not good for swimming. We were happy with the pools but would never go there again because of the beach. Harbor Lights, Copacabana, Lobster Alive or Boatyard are much, much better for a beach day.