France Private Tours Pay Ahead?

CruiserM1969

I've noticed most France tours require payment ahead whereas many Italy tours are paid after the tour. Is this common, or are there some good France tours you are aware of that can be paid after? I'm worried about not being able to tender into port and losing money. I'm tendering in Cannes.

In Paris, you are more likely to be required to prepay for tours and in Provence, you are less likely to be required to prepay. We paid 50% deposit on walking tours during our last trip to Paris and paid 100% for bike tours for later this summer. Paris really isn't a cruise port though and tour operators are not married to ships being able to dock or tender.

We never had to pre-pay any of our (non-ship) tours. A small deposit at the most....

That said, we never booked one in France. Perhaps they ARE different.

Worst case, just claim the cost back from the credit card company because of "services not supplied".

We never had to pre-pay any of our (non-ship) tours. A small deposit at the most....

That said, we never booked one in France. Perhaps they ARE different.

Worst case, just claim the cost back from the credit card company because of "services not supplied".

Maybe you can do that where you live, not sure the OP could where he/she lives.

If you contract with a supplier of services and part of the contract that you knowingly agree to is that there's a non-refundable payment up front, and the money is not refunded no matter the circumstances, I don't see what right you would have to make a claim with your credit card company.

If you don't like that deal, use a different supplier.