Cocoa Beach Lodging - specific questions

MT_DreamChaser

I've looked around at the options for lodging in Cocoa Beach but I need to narrow this down based on a couple of specifics. There will be a group or 35-40 of us sailing on the Valor in January, 2016. For a few in our group, they are on a very limited budget.

1) What hotels are closest to the pier? Are there any stand alone restaurants (not run by/in the hotel) in the same area?

2) Which hotels are most likely to offer a decent group rate? (The Radisson is already on my list to call as they have good reviews from cruisers).

3) How far specifically are both the Hilton and the Resort at Cocoa Beach from the pier?

4) Which hotels are within walking distance to a store where we can pick up last minute items like bottled water and soda?

The closest 3 hotels to the cruise ports are Country Inn and Suites, , Residence Inn and Radisson, in that order. I think CS&I and Rad are very similarly priced. Residence may be a tad higher. But that's rack rates, not group rates or special package rates. Ron Jon's Holiday Inn Resort is close by, about the same distance from port as the others, but closer to the beach.

There's a Zachary's next to the Radisson. A Kelsy's Pizza a block or so away, good pizza. A McDonalds and a coupel of other restuarants on the other side of A1A. Also the restaurants up by the ship canal like Grills, Fish Lips, etc. are a short taxi ride away. There's a RaceWay Gas Station with mini mart next tot the Radisson as well. Theres' a Pharmacy just down A1A from the Radisson. Might be within walking distance for some. And about a mile further down is Publix.

The closest to the Cocoa Beach municipal pier, if that's what you mean, La Quinta. There's a Days Inn and a Best western nearby too. I think La Quinta has a shuttle. Not sure on Days Inn or BW. Lots of places to eat within walking distance of the municipal pier. Some good some mediocre, some chains. The Publix on A1A would be your best bet for other items. It's not that far from either the Days Inn or Best Western.

The Hilton at Cocoa Beach is about 5.5 miles from the cruise terminals.

Hope this helps.

I stayed at Country Inn & Suites on 2/10 & 2/11. We had a seperate living room, bath and bedroom. Nice personnel and the shuttle to and from the port was efficient. The breakfast buffet was basic but good.

Next door was Kelsey's Restaurant which had delicious pizza.

Edited by nat9511

Hopefully some answers to your questions!!!

1 - I assume you mean the Port and not Cocoa Beach Pier? Here is a link to an excellent map of all the hotels in Cape Canaveral & Cocoa Beach. Holiday Inn Club Vacations is technically closest to the port then Country Inn & Suites

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zH-7o_mJABR0.kguiZnGCjDj0

2 - Cannot help with group rates, sorry but I assume the chain hotels have this covered!

3 - Hilton and Resort are neighbors about 6 miles from the Port.

4 - Most of the hotels on N. Atlantic Ave are close to a gas station or something!

Edited by SteerageJoe