Any help would be appreciated.

fran128

Hi everyone:

We are Fran and Stan and will be cruising on January 28th (my birthday) on the Holland America Eurodam. We have not been on a cruise for the last ten years, but we have been on Celebrity, Princess-2x and Royal Caribbean. This is our first on Holland America. Any suggestions or tips on where to eat (which restaurants you may love or hate on the ship), beaches in San Juan, Turks and Caicos and St. Thomas as we love to go to the beach, or anything you can think of, would be so helpful to us. We have a guaranteed stateroom, but don't know where. So any suggestions about decks or rooms (with balcony) would also be so helpful to us. It seems some of you know all about Half Moon Cay and even know there are cabanas. We are from New Jersey, but have recently retired and also have a home in Florida. Also a big question for me as I love lobster is when do they have a lobster night if they do on the Eurodam. I wouldn't want to make reservations at one of the speciality restaurants and miss my favorite food - lobster. :)This is all new to us, so any help is appreciated. People like you can make this cruise better and nicer for us with any suggestions.

I would post this over on the Holland line board. Also I would go over to the Roll Call for your cruise, there are 17 posts on it now. Either of those will be able to offer you some help.

On your next post if you post a description in your subject line, it will gather more responses. Example: Need info on HAL Eurodam Jan. Cruise.

Have a good one. Enjoy your cruise.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Turk: Rent a golf cart and drive yourself around the island. Afterward on your way back to return the cart, stop and enjoy Governor's Beach. Beautiful! Otherwise, the beach and pool at Margaritaville are nice.

St. Thomas: If you have never been before to the island, Magen's Bay is beautiful. Personally, my favorite is Sapphire Beach up near the Ritz Carlton. Wonderful beach and views over to St. John. Just take a taxi.

San Juan -- Visit Old San Juan, El Morro etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I was swimming at the beach near the ship dock in Grand Turk last week and it was beautiful but Governor's Beach was rough/windy that day. I would not reserve a specialty restuarant until I checked the menu on your cruise formal night, since that is usually lobster.

Archived