So why should I try MSC?

babs135

For reasons I must confess I'm not sure of, DH and I have always avoided MSC., but looking for a mother and daughter holiday I've seen a cruise we both like the sound of.

It's a 5 nights cruise in the Med in October on the Preziosa with 2 nights in Barcelona. Price is right, itinerary is right so why should we do it?

I know absolutely nothing about the cruise line so would be approaching it as newcomers. Is it fixed dining, do we have to dress up, what's the entertainment like. You get my drift.

Should add I'm nearer 70 than 60 and DD is in her early 40s. How do we fit in with the demographics

Thanks in advance

Babs,

I did my first cruise on this boat in the western med in 2013. I've since cruised on NCL Escape in the caribbean and will now be going on MSC seaside next march in the caribbean. the fact we are returning to MSC is because of the new ship, price, and knowing we will have a good time.

What I can say about your cruise from our experience:

- as a North American, you will be in the minority of passengers. Most passengers were European.

- the food was great, dining was fixed, most Europeans liek to eat late, it will be easier to get the early dining

-entertainment was in English and was really good

Overall we felt cruising with them in the mediterrean gave us a good European experience on a great boat

• 2 weeks later...
For reasons I must confess I'm not sure of, DH and I have always avoided MSC., but looking for a mother and daughter holiday I've seen a cruise we both like the sound of.

It's a 5 nights cruise in the Med in October on the Preziosa with 2 nights in Barcelona. Price is right, itinerary is right so why should we do it?

I know absolutely nothing about the cruise line so would be approaching it as newcomers. Is it fixed dining, do we have to dress up, what's the entertainment like. You get my drift.

Should add I'm nearer 70 than 60 and DD is in her early 40s. How do we fit in with the demographics

Thanks in advance

Because at you time of life (which is the same for me ., I'm 65), you should be adventurous and try unfamiliar things. After all its just a boat full of people, though admittedly they will mostly talk funny (foreign languages). But view that as an opportunity to enrich your life by having a go at communicating with them. you'll be surprised how easy it is.

You make the cruise yourself from what is on offer..

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Just do it

If you don't like it well you don't repeat it.

you can't win them all, but if you don't try you can't win at all

Pete

We love MSC and have cruised 8 times with them - we tried others but they don't compare favorably with MSC. It is our personal choice. We love meeting people from around the world- we love hearing other languages. Some don't - I have heard and read very negative comments from some Americans about the announcements in 5 different languages, usually Italian, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and sometimes Russian or another language as well as English. But with a mix of passengers its the only way that you will know what is going on if you come from one of those countries. MSC will always seat you at dinner with people of your own language with a waiter that can communicate with you. Your cabin steward will also speak English (some barely so dont expect over enthusiastic friendly chats). All in all it is your choice. We too were worried the first time after reading reviews. But we love it and keep going back again and again.