First Night Done Right on Allure

Was the 30% off 150 Central an on ship discount for just night one, or did it include night two? We made a full price reservation for 150 on night two of our upcoming cruise...if there was going to be a discount offered I would pull the reservation and do it on board.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at this for my trip on Liberty in May. How exactly does this work? I did a dummy booking right up to the payment and I did not see any option of selecting a specialty restaurant. Are the options for the restaurant given once aboard the ship?

I am looking at this for my trip on Liberty in May. How exactly does this work? I did a dummy booking right up to the payment and I did not see any option of selecting a specialty restaurant. Are the options for the restaurant given once aboard the ship?

The ship picks the restaurant. Space permitting, you can change once onboard.

On Liberty you can choose between Chop's, Giovanni's or Sabor once on board. In the cruise planner you can only select the time. When you board, go to the restaurant you want and make your reservation. I like to eat at 8pm and I've never had a problem confirming with the restaurant I wanted.

I've heard that Allure is the most strict on available fndr options, limiting to only those 2 that OP mentioned. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like it. On oasis we were already booked in 150 central park when we got on board, though we changed it to chops. There was no extra fee.

• 2 weeks later...
I've heard that Allure is the most strict on available fndr options, limiting to only those 2 that OP mentioned. Can anyone confirm?

I'm also interested in knowing this. I read one post where it was either Giovanni's or Sabor. I would be happy with just about anything BUT Sabor, since we have done that one in the past and are not really interested in doing it again.

I did see this discussion though

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2463465

On Allure? Not realistic at all since they don't have one.

Going on Harmony and couldn't find info on using it for Wonderland. Assume won't be assigned to it but if had opennings wanted to move into it.

If can't get it and don't want Chops, what's a good runner up, Central 150 or Jamie's with teens?

On Liberty you can choose between Chop's, Giovanni's or Sabor once on board. In the cruise planner you can only select the time. When you board, go to the restaurant you want and make your reservation. I like to eat at 8pm and I've never had a problem confirming with the restaurant I wanted.

sabor would be a bummer price wise. not much savings since the dinner is only $20 full price. A $5 discount is a joke.

We had the FNDR booked 4/2 on the Allure and they would not budge on the two choices. We had Giovanni's booked on night 3 so we opted for the 30% discount and had dinner at 150 Park. Service and ambiance were fantastic. Food was good.....it was OK.......too rich for our taste.....heavy sauces, wine reductions.........not really impressed with the food for the price. We ended up cancelling the Giovanni reservation and stuck to the MDR for the remainder of the cruise and it served its purpose for us.

Just off Liberty yesterday. They had murder mystery in Giovanni's so that was not a choice for us. We were an Easter sailing though so that may not be happening on your cruise - check your cruise planner to know for sure.

We had a $15 Sabor booking also from the cruise planner so we really wanted chops on night 1 and we were able to get it. We picked an early reservation - 6pm - not sure if that mattered.

We had the FNDR booked 4/2 on the Allure and they would not budge on the two choices. We had Giovanni's booked on night 3 so we opted for the 30% discount and had dinner at 150 Park. Service and ambiance were fantastic. Food was good.....it was OK.......too rich for our taste.....heavy sauces, wine reductions.........not really impressed with the food for the price. We ended up cancelling the Giovanni reservation and stuck to the MDR for the remainder of the cruise and it served its purpose for us.

Were the 2 choices Giovannis and Samba or Sabor?

What was the price at 150 with the 30% discount?

Was this discount taken after the FNDR taken off or the whole amount before?

Thanks, we board Allure on Sunday and we are not really wanting CHOPS, Sabor or Giovanni's.

We eat later so hoping we may be able to get 150, or at least try!