Port of Miami - Grocery store near by?

lhenderson2

CVS near Bayside Market if you want beer/wine/soda/water/etc. Not sure I would want to walk that far (0.5 to a mile each way depending upon berth) in that heat and with that traffic zooming by :eek:

A taxi round trip will run about $20

I wouldn't say there is anything within walking distance but there is a Publix accessible by the monorail thing.

and the distance to the monorail thing :p

(I think METROMOVER is meant)

is just about the same as the distance to the CVS mentioned. You must cross the bridge that goes between the mainland and Dodge Island

There is also a Whole Foods store in downtown, but not walking distance. Taxi required.

if you have never been in one .... it is the LAST place I'd go to grab water, sodas and wine.

For example .... last time I was there, they don't sell "normal" soft drinks .... Coke or Pepsi ... nope. Organic coconut water they got!

If you know Whole Foods and are looking for what they sell, go for it. If looking for a 'grocery' .... WF ain't it IMO!

dd moved into an apartment in Miami right across the street from a WF and we thought GREAT, easy place for groceries ..... then we went in to shop! Walked around and got back in the car to find a grocery store.

But that being said; for other readers ... it appears this Whole Foods is walking distance from the Intercontinental .... a popular pre-cruise hotel. Their takeee-outeee is a dinner alternative.

Edited by Capt_BJ