When to purchase plane tickets?

kms8066

I'm seven weeks out -- should I buy now? Or wait? I've been watching the fare on specific Southwest flights, and they haven't changed at all in the past seven days. I heard that Tues. afternoons are usually the lowest, but they didn't budge... Any insight?

I'm seven weeks out -- should I buy now? Or wait? I've been watching the fare on specific Southwest flights, and they haven't changed at all in the past seven days. I heard that Tues. afternoons are usually the lowest, but they didn't budge... Any insight?

No one knows when the best time to purchase is.

That is no longer true that Tuesday night is the best time to purchase. It used to be when fares were manually updated but now it is all automatic.

Wait much longer and you'll pay a fortune.

We book our cruises the first of the year, and usually book SW as soon as the flights come out. We're booked now for our cruise next year, and will book SW as soon as they come out. I believe flights are now out for April. IF you're comfortable with the price, I would purchase it. For our cruise that just passed some in our party waited to get their flights with SW thinking the flights would drop even more, and they ended up paying a lot more than the rest of us.

Seriously Southwest....$3525 return for four from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale in March:mad: This isn't even for a direct flight.

Double the price of Delta and it's direct.

Edited by tanus