Luxury Hotels in Sydney?

Wilkono

For our next cruise, I want to treat my partner to something really special and memorable. On our last cruise we both stayed at the Ibis on King Street Wharf (for two days, prior to the cruise) and while we both really enjoyed it, I would love to stay somewhere a little more special come May.

I've already looked at The Observatory Hotel in the Rocks, but does anyone else have any specific 4.5 to 5 star hotels they would recommend?

Edited by Wilkono

We stayed at the Westin Hotel last December in a Deluxe tower room, it was beautiful, 27th floor, some harbour views (limited), really nice. Booked it through a special advertised on Getaway for $200 a night with buffet breakfast. the bathroom had was huge, and had a big glass panel between the bedroom. You could watch TV through it!! The room was very large, we kept saying that we should have been in a smaller room to prepare us for the cruise.:)

For our next cruise, I want to treat my partner to something really special and memorable. On our last cruise we both stayed at the Ibis on King Street Wharf (for two days, prior to the cruise) and while we both really enjoyed it, I would love to stay somewhere a little more special come May.

I've already looked at The Observatory Hotel in the Rocks, but does anyone else have any specific 4.5 to 5 star hotels they would recommend?

I recently stayed at the Amora which was lovely, as is the Sofitel, the Amora is on Jamison and the Softel on Phillip.

I usually book the high end hotels through wotif and need it now...even though they dont tell you the name if you read the descriptions carefully you can pretty much work out which hotel it is. Have to save money for cruising :p

I booked the Sofitel next Sat night for $145 this way.

Edited by rugbypopsie
should have said through mystery hotel deal

We also love the Westin - a really lovely hotel - but probably my pick was when we stayed in the Intercontinental in a club room to see the Diamond sail in and out - amazing views of the harbour and opera house and they had a super club room - yummy food and good quality drinks of a nightime and views to die for!!!

Jane

We have stayed at both the The Observatory Hotel and the Shangri-La Hotel in Sydney. Both fantastic hotels in my opinion and I would book again for a special occasion.

If you want the view of the Sydney Harbour go for the Horizon Club Opera City package at the Shangri-La. We usually check out the prices on wotif too but sometimes the hotels own websites will have good deals. I also recommend that you check out the Trip Advisor site.

Regards

CRUISING ALONG:)

I particularly like Sheraton on the Park. Whilst it doesn't have harbour views, it does have views of Hyde Park and it is 5 star. Their buffet breakfast is the best I've ever had. I've also stayed at the Westin, but prefer the Sheraton

They all sound great , from what I have read on line at there web sites, They look great as well just may to stay at one of them next time we are in town...

As rugbypopsie said, Amora at Jamison's is REALLY good :)

I loved it, the positioning of where the Hotel was isn't ideal, but the service, the room, the Swimming pool, the Sauna's everything was great :)

We did have an unfortunate event where my bf broke the bed, no it wasn't anything dodgy, he jumped on it and a plank fell off from under the bed, a Handyman had to come fix it, we were soooo embarrassed...

Also, If you do go there, and decide on some extra luxury treatments, they're restaurant is SOOOO good, absolutely to die for :) My bf and I spent $200 for a 3 course meal and a bottle of wine, so prices were toooo dear :p But Don't pay to have Breakfast there...It wasn't worth it, I can't remember if they charged $75 each, or $75 for the both of us, either way, it really wasn't worth it...

OMG If you want something fantastic, i cannot reccomend The Shangri La enough. This is an amazing hotel, a short stroll from The Rocks, that overlooks the city and the harbour. Pay a little extra and get a Executive Club room overlooking the harbour. These rooms start from the 30th floor and include evening drinks and canapes, and also a full breakfast. The downfall is we stayed there after our cruise, and managed to see first hand the ship we had just gotten off sailing off for its next cruise. Jealous much....:p:D Really recomend this hotel.

I forgot about Sheraton on the Park is great too...I always use Trip Advisor to check out the hotels prior to booking. Like Cruise Critic you get the real deal from those who have been there and recently.

If you have a family or want more room I have had a great apartment at Meriton World Square..nothing like swimming in a pool on the 61st floor fantastic views over Sydney and very close to the monorail and underground shopping mall.

I don't think you can go past the Park Hyatt - a great hotel, right on the waterfront. And I love the Sheraton on the Park too.

I have heard very good things about the Shangrila and the Quay Grand suites which is more upmarket than the Quay West - apparently the harbour view rooms are fantastic. Google them and check them out and see what you think,

I don't think you can go past the Park Hyatt - a great hotel, right on the waterfront. And I love the Sheraton on the Park too.

I have heard very good things about the Shangrila and the Quay Grand suites which is more upmarket than the Quay West - apparently the harbour view rooms are fantastic. Google them and check them out and see what you think,

Thanks for all the advice. I think I've narrowed my shortlist down by quite a bit. I'm still favourable towards The Observatory, but it's good to have a few other options. If I didn't stay at The Observatory, I would have to stay somewhere with a fantastic view.

When you say luxury I think of Ritz Carlton (I believe this one closed in Sydney), Westin, Four Seasons or Shangri La.

The latter 2 have great harbor views.

Ritz Calton Sydney is still alive and well, it is now called theSir Stanford Circular Quay. This is my favorate hotel for couples. I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and every time it is a great experience. close to the harbour resturants, and a short bus ride to kings cross and the city centre. usually no more that 250 AUD including breakfast, depending on the season.

lux_120_h_sydney_sir-stamford-at-circular-quay01.jpg

Best ever in Sydney would be a 2 bedroom harbourview apartment at the Quay West which is right next door to the Shang-ri-la but the room is much bigger and very plush. There is even a pool on the 28th floor where you can watch the ship arrive from the pool. You basically look straight at the bridge and overseas passenger terminal.

If you don't care about the view, the Sheraton on the Park or Hilton are both good.

If you want a great view but don't want to spend a fortune you can't go past the Harbourview in North Sydney.

If you want to be near the water and see the cruise ship sail right by your balcony but can't afford the Park Hyatt, a waterside room at the Sebel Pier One is the best choice.

• 1 year later...

During last vacations I went Sydney with my fiancé. We stayed at hotel Westin Sydney, which is located at NSW the heart of Sydney. We enjoyed there at peak and that was the best vacations for me. They provide great services and I spent awesome moments with my partner.

I'm lucky enough to have stayed at the Park Hyatt, The Intercontinental and the Sofitel, the first as an employee of Hyatt and the latter two only last year (paid for by my employer).

Last place but still great (I was upgraded to a king suite on check-in) was the Sofitel, the Old Wentworth Menzies. Intercontinental next - beautiful room (huge!) great service. Some rooms have views to Circular Quay or across to the Botanical Gardens.

In front by a long way was Park Hyatt. Nothing will ever surpass sitting up in bed and using the remote control to open the curtains and look straight across Circular Quay at the Opera House. WOW!!!

Those ratings also reflect least expensive to most expensive (I could never use cheapest to describe the price range :D)

• 4 years later...