Are there coffee pots in all NCL cabins?

I'll be on the Jewel in less than 2 weeks. We will be in a mini-suite. Are there coffee pots in the cabins? I'm a very early riser. I usually get up at 5 or 5:30 no matter how late I go to bed, but I need my coffee fix in the morning. I just want to sit on the balcony while everyone else is sleeping and enjoy a very hot cup of coffee.

If there isn't a coffee pot available in the room, can I bring a pot that boils water with me - is that allowed by NCL? If they don't allow it, is there anywhere on the ship that I can go at 5:30 or 6:00 to get some coffee?

Thanks for any info.

Yes, our cabins had water pots / coffee makers, but we never used them.

Our M.O. is to take a couple of medium-size McDonald's cups with lids. They weigh nothing, are very sturdy and pack easily into a suitcase. We stuff socks (clean) into them for the trip. First thing in the morning DH (me) takes those cups and rides up to the buffet. The cups easily fit under the spout of the big coffee makers. I fill them 3/4 full with hot tea water for DW and coffee for me. The lids keep me from spilling anything on my way down. Back to cabin, through the balcony door, sit down and ahh… Rinse, dry, repeat. At the end of the cruise the cups stay behind in the trash.

Yes, our cabins had water pots / coffee makers, but we never used them.

Our M.O. is to take a couple of medium-size McDonald's cups with lids. They weigh nothing, are very sturdy and pack easily into a suitcase. We stuff socks (clean) into them for the trip. First thing in the morning DH (me) takes those cups and rides up to the buffet. The cups easily fit under the spout of the big coffee makers. I fill them 3/4 full with hot tea water for DW and coffee for me. The lids keep me from spilling anything on my way down. Back to cabin, through the balcony door, sit down and ahh… Rinse, dry, repeat. At the end of the cruise the cups stay behind in the trash.

Good idea, but we prefer to either make our own coffe in our cabin with ground beans from home or else have room service deliver coffee in the mornings. We order it at night and the call that it is on its way is our morning wake-up call!

If you don't see a coffee maker in the cabin do ask the room steward for one. No problemo.

I agree that since the OP is in a mini-suite there wouldn't be a problem getting a coffee maker if somehow one isn't in the cabin.

However, for folks in oceanview or inside cabins, it might be a problem to get a coffeemaker (hot water pot) because since January NCL is only providing the coffee makers in categories balcony and above. So even if you ask for a coffee maker, if you are in an oceanview or inside cabin there's a strong possibility you won't get one.

Archived