daniels head beach

maxicurl

Great thanks. I will look for it. My daughter wants to do the sunset kayak they have the best price

Trying to get there and return late in the day might be problematic. I suspect the shuttle won't be running that late, and taxis...particularly a return taxi might be hard to find.

Edited by njhorseman

taxi is best option- the restaurant was closed due to damage last year from hurricanes. I heard a local cooks and sells food but I wasn't there late enough in the day to see it.

Shuttle train was not running week of June 7

taxi is best option- the restaurant was closed due to damage last year from hurricanes. I heard a local cooks and sells food but I wasn't there late enough in the day to see it.

I'm a little confused about this statement. We were there from June 7-June 9th on the Dawn and the shuttle train was definitely running. I even took pictures.

This following picture was actually taken ON June 7th

P6070012%20copy-M.jpg

This picture was taken of it parked later that day (I'm guessing around 6-7pm) so they definitely stop running early.

P6070574%20copy-M.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely take the shuttle train. We took a cab there, but the cab refused to take us back to the ship because we had been in the sand/sea. Even though we were all dry and had brushed all the sand off. We had to buy a round-trip shuttle train ticket to get passage back to the ship.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time there. There was a lot of shady spots, so we didn't have to rent an umbrella. The water in the Kayak area had a lot of sea grass, so you might want to bring water shoes. (There is clearer water in front of the food shack, but that's a little bit down from the kayak area. The food shack also has free wifi, but the signal isn't so strong, so you need to be right at the building).

I am also interested in going to Daniel's Head Beach from the Dockyard, can you tell me how much the round trip on the "Shuttle Train" costs? Is there a map showing the route the train takes and where to get on and off? As well as a schedule of when Shuttle train runs? Thanks!

Edited by Adunfield

I am also interested in going to Daniel's Head Beach from the Dockyard, can you tell me how much the round trip on the "Shuttle Train" costs? Is there a map showing the route the train takes and where to get on and off? As well as a schedule of when Shuttle train runs? Thanks!

https://www.islandtourcentre.com/portfolio/summer-beach-shuttle/?id=4626&cat=18

You dont have to reserve it online ahead of time. You can just purchase tickets there. The pick up point is at the Oleander cycle shop in the Dockyard (you can't miss it), and it takes you right to the beach. Very easy, minimal walking

Edited by DonnaK

https://www.islandtourcentre.com/portfolio/summer-beach-shuttle/?id=4626&cat=18

You dont have to reserve it online ahead of time. You can just purchase tickets there. The pick up point is at the Oleander cycle shop in the Dockyard (you can't miss it), and it takes you right to the beach. Very easy, minimal walking

Thanks DonnaK, this is exactly what I was hoping for.