SeaTac Hotel Questions

Cruiser-66

We are staying at the Hampton Inn airport location on 28th Ave. We would like to leave for the port early. What would be the least expensive way to get 4 adults and luggage to the port? Also where could we get some soda to take onto the ship? Is there any place close to the hotel? Any advice for a close by place to eat in the evening?

We are staying at the Hampton Inn airport location on 28th Ave. We would like to leave for the port early. What would be the least expensive way to get 4 adults and luggage to the port? Also where could we get some soda to take onto the ship? Is there any place close to the hotel? Any advice for a close by place to eat in the evening?

I'll let other folks tell you about your options for getting to the port. I live here, and I have a car, so I don't use things like shuttles and town cars and cabs very much.

I do know the neighborhood you're staying in, however (I live nearby). The closest place to buy soda (without paying 7-11 prices) is probably the Safeway a couple of miles south on International Boulevard. You could catch a bus or take a cab, or the hotel might be willing to take you in their shuttle.

If you want to eat within walking distance, your options are somewhat limited. There's Dave's Diner and Brews, a fairly adequate place with basic American food--that's very close. Mango Thai, which I like quite a bit, is a little less than half a mile north on International Boulevard. Sharp's Roasthouse (roasted, smoked meats) is just a little farther north. Besides those, and some fast food, there isn't much. If you're willing to take a cab (or the hotel is accommodating with their shuttle), you'll find just about any national chain restaurant around Southcenter Mall, about four miles away. Burien is about five miles away, and there are several very good local restaurants there--if that's your preference, let me know what you like and I can suggest some.

Edited by Casagordita

Which pier ?

Pier 66 is downtown. If you can manage your luggage for 10-15 minutes of walking, the cheapest option is the Light Rail from SeaTac to Westlake Center, 40 minutes, $3.

Pier 99 is 5-6 miles north of downtown so you COULD still use Light Rail into town then pick up a cab for $20 for the rest of the ride.

Otherwise, I've had good luck with http://www.eastsideforhire.com, a flat rate taxi service. They're $30 to pier 66. Call to get the cost. You'll need a minivan for 4 adults and that might be several $ more. STILA, the car service at the airport is $45 to pier66 .... they would make a quick stop for soda.

Edited by mapleleaves

I agree that the cheapest way getting downtown would be to use the Light Rail system BUT I highly recommend SeaTac Towncar Services while in Seattle for a more comfortable personal and inexpensive ride. AJ is so nice, I know, because we have used him a few times for transportation needs while in Seattle. His number is (206) 697-5577. He is happy to give you a quote over the phone, he has a towncar that seats 4 comfortably that I think is $55 from the airport to Pier 91 or $45 to Pier 66 downtown...also hotels downtown. He has a SUV Chevy Suburban that is $65 from airport to Pier 91. I also think he has a 10 passenger van that is $12 per person (minimum 7 people). We have had him pick us up from Pioneer Square and also downtown Seattle for about $25 and was ALWAYS on time, friendly, and great competitive prices. Here is his website www.seatactowncar.com You will be happy you gave him your business :) Hope this helps you and others looking for transportation reviews. Hello from Charlene in San Diego!

• 2 weeks later...

4 people with luggage will not fit in almost any cab. You can use

seattleexpress.com

which offers a shuttle for about $12 pp, otherwise a towncar from the airport is the easiest. It may be about $55-65 to pier 91. Just call STILA touwncars which are stationed in the seatac garage. No need to pre reserve. Use the phone in baggage claim to call ground transportation.

I used Shuttle Express, which has a station in SeaTac. Take the hotel's shuttle to SeaTac, and then go from there. You can reserve and pay for Shuttle Express online, which I recommend.

Roz