Shuttle from Port Everglades to Port of Miami

slk230red

I do not recall them being mentioned on these boards - the most often suggested shuttle providers based in the FLL area are SAS, QLS, MJS & Go Airport Shuttle.

We had a confirmed reservation with SAS on October 16 and when we called to say we had our luggage no one answered. We wern't the only one left stranded. Luckily there are other shuttle services at the airport and we got to Ft. Lauderdale in 30 minutes.

We were also planning to use SAS on Dec. 8th. I called them and spoke to a gentleman who sounded reliable. Now I have concerns. Who did you eventually use from Port Miami to FLL???

We booked Eagle Shuttle for a 10:00 am pickup at Port Everglades going to Port of Miami on Dec. 8.

We were also planning to use SAS on Dec. 8th. I called them and spoke to a gentleman who sounded reliable. Now I have concerns. Who did you eventually use from Port Miami to FLL???

SAS & QLS are the two most often suggested FLL area based shuttle providers. No one bats 1000, but they regularly transport lots of cruisers to/from POM with mostly positive reviews.

Good luck! :)

We booked Eagle Shuttle for a 10:00 am pickup at Port Everglades going to Port of Miami on Dec. 8.

SAS & QLS are the two most often suggested FLL area based shuttle providers. No one bats 1000, but they regularly transport lots of cruisers to/from POM with mostly positive reviews.

I'll report back with my experience using Eagle Shuttle from Port Everglades to POM.

• 5 weeks later...

I'll report back with my experience using Eagle Shuttle from Port Everglades to POM.

When we dis-embarked the Allure on the 8th, I called Eagle to let them know and I was told that the shuttle van would arrive in a few minutes. They were right on time, loaded us up, and took us to the Fort Lauderdale airport. We hopped on another van and were transferred to the Port of Miami. We arrived early and checked in at the Azamara Quest terminal.

We boarded the Quest, had a cappuccino at the Mosaic Café, dropped off the carry on luggage in our stateroom, enjoyed some wine with lunch, hit the pool bar, met some nice folks soaking up some Florida sunshine, then continued on for a great 12 night cruise.;)

I would give Eagle Shuttle an A rating for their transfer service.

When we dis-embarked the Allure on the 8th, I called Eagle to let them know and I was told that the shuttle van would arrive in a few minutes. They were right on time, loaded us up, and took us to the Fort Lauderdale airport. We hopped on another van and were transferred to the Port of Miami. We arrived early and checked in at the Azamara Quest terminal.

We boarded the Quest, had a cappuccino at the Mosaic Café, dropped off the carry on luggage in our stateroom, enjoyed some wine with lunch, hit the pool bar, met some nice folks soaking up some Florida sunshine, then continued on for a great 12 night cruise.;)

I would give Eagle Shuttle an A rating for their transfer service.

Thanks for the detailed review -- price for transfer from PE to POM? Total time, including the stop at FLL? :confused:

Thanks for the detailed review -- price for transfer from PE to POM? Total time, including the stop at FLL? :confused:

$50 for 2 people. I really didn't time the entire trip since we were early going to POM. The van stopped at terminal 18 (Allure) at around 9:40 am, loaded up 3 couples, dropped 2 couples off at the Southwest airlines location at FLL. We were taken to a shuttle pickup point where we waited about 10 minutes for the FLL to POM shuttle. The driver made one more stop at FLL for another couple going to POM.

I think the whole trip took about 90 minutes.

On another note, the transfers going north on Dec. 8th, were taking longer due to traffic accidents on I-95 and also I-95 northbound closures for some "Motorcycle Event" between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. I-95 was a parking lot. I'm glad we were going southbound.

We had booked and prepaid Eagle Shuttle for transportation from Port Everglades(Independence of the Seas)to Intercontinental Miami Downtown. As requested we called them when we were in the terminal, the lady answering the phone first could not find our reservation, then asked to call when we were outside. She instructed the porter where to drop us off with the luggage and to call again. When we called they said they were on their way and would be there in 20 minutes. We saw all shuttle companies come and go except Eagle shuttle. Called them 30 minutes later, she said they were on their way from Miami and would be there in about 10 minutes. 30 minutes later still no Eagle shuttle! After waiting for 1,5 hour and several phonecalls later she said: I am sorry honey, but you will have to take a taxi because the shuttle has broken down......... We asked what about your other vans, and she said they had only one van and she would reimburse us for the cost.

For us it was a very bad experience which left us with a bitter taste. So we had to go back inside to find a porter to take the luggage to the taxi area and stood in line for 40 minutes before getting into a taxi.

When we got back home a week later, no refund from Eagle shuttle, we only got our money back (not the taxi cost as she had promised but only what we had prepaid) after contacting American Express. For us it is never again and as of now we will only use QLS or other reputable companies.

I am glad the original poster has been luckier than we have been.

• 1 month later...

WE are doing a back to back cruise. Oasis of the Seas 02/15/14 - 02/22/2014 then Norwegian Getaway 02/22/2014 - 03/01/2014. Anyone else needing transportation from Port Everglades to Port of Miami on 2/22/14? If so lets hook up to get better deal.

WE are doing a back to back cruise. Oasis of the Seas 02/15/14 - 02/22/2014 then Norwegian Getaway 02/22/2014 - 03/01/2014. Anyone else needing transportation from Port Everglades to Port of Miami on 2/22/14? If so lets hook up to get better deal.

Your best bet would be to post this on the roll call.

• 1 year later...

We choose Eagle for transfer for van/group rate from POM to FLL on 2-6-15.

They arrived 20 minutes after scheduled pickup at POM.

English is their second language so phone conversation can be a challenge for the mono-lingual.

The unexplained delay non-withstanding, lead to an uneventful and prompt delivery to FLL, the 2 of us were the only passengers.

Their pricing was mid-range.

For those who need more confidence/security in reliable transfer should choose the Broward County(FLL owner) "partner transport" and visit the "broward.org" website for details.