P&O prices for 2015

terrierjohn

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrierjohn viewpost.gif

Not sure if you are still monitoring this thread Christopher but if so can I add a comment about the 2015 brochure prices.

P&O do seem to have listened to complaints about how high their launch prices were and, for the family friendly

large ships at least, the new prices are much more competitive with RCI & Celebrity.

However it does now seem that you have 2 pricing structures within the group and I wonder if you will be able to fill the adult only ships and Aurora at these higher prices without resorting back to deep discounting late available offers?

Posted by ASDA I haven't booked yet for next year. Are the launch prices more competitive? I fancy brittania sailing from southampton to the Caribbean in October next year but waiting to get a future cruise certificate when we are on our cruise in may so we will get extra obc.

ASDA, seems the mods have now closed the Edgington Q&A thread but thought I should prompt you that the 5% past passenger discount for 2015 cruises will finish on 31st May, so don't wait too long to use your FCC.

Thanks. I need to buy the future cruise thing next week when I'm on oceana.

(3rd may)

I have not really looked into yet , Apart from the 5% discount. Are they offering any thing else?

Thanks. I need to buy the future cruise thing next week when I'm on oceana.

(3rd may)

I have not really looked into yet , Apart from the 5% discount. Are they offering any thing else?

I would be very careful because with fluid pricing you might find that by May the price of the cruise may have increased more than the price of the extra OBC from booking onboard in May so defeats the object of waiting.

For what it's worth my view is that 2015 prices - at least on Ventura and Azura - seem to be around 8% lower than in recent years. That's without the early-booking discount, btw. Unfortunately there's no way now to compare the 2015 initial prices with the 2014 initial prices - they're on-line only - but looking further back I priced up the nearest equivalent cruises to the one we've booked in 2015 and they're definitely cheaper in 2015 than in 2011 and 2013. Base price for our cabin in 2015 is £1779, and the same cabins on the similar cruises on the nearest equivalent dates were £1950 or a bit over.

My guess would be that by making the prices keen now they'll encourage early booking, and if they achieve that then prices will be more likely to go up than down.

Well that's caused me a problem. I was hoping the 5% past passenger discount would still be there in October when we are on board Oriana. We need to book 2 cabins, but one of us is a single traveller who has not been on P&O before. Hmmm