Downsized in 1995.

crystalspin

I was downsized in 1995.

I was 36. My physician husband quickly found I was more useful at home than working (!).

I am recently 57.

Is that the new 37?

dr'spin is still working full time with partners that let us travel.

When he finally cuts the cord, it may be time for us to do a world cruise. We'll see.

• 5 weeks later...
I was downsized in 1995.

I was 36. My physician husband quickly found I was more useful at home than working (!).

I am recently 57.

Is that the new 37?

dr'spin is still working full time with partners that let us travel.

When he finally cuts the cord, it may be time for us to do a world cruise. We'll see.

I was downsized in 1996 ,worked till 1999 and then retired.My wife retired in 2008.At that time we began to do a lot of cruising .

Well, it's unlikely we will have enough contiguous time to do a world cruise all at once. Husband is active with his medical school alma mater and there is some activity that requires his or our attendance every couple of months at least. But we may do more "exotic" cruises as well as land trips.

It seems we have done many, even most, of the "common" land trips that appeal, at least to me! (dr'spin would go anywhere, I think!) And living out of a suitcase is more and more not my love. So we're already planning a more expensive-per-day, cut-above land trip to Spain and France this year, and I'm thinking more of the three kinds of vacation where you get to unpack just once:

• cruises
  • apartment stays
  • domestic trips in our travel trailer

I thought of the Mediterranean ports of our Transatlantic cruise last year as "tasters" to find places we'd want to go back to -- and Barcelona was #1! This year's land tour spends three nights there.