Just back off Epic, Ask away...

The side of the ship makes very little difference. You can't see the Italian and French coasts for most of the journey. I suppose the biggest difference is that starboard side is likely to give a better view of Barcelona during sail away and Capri is on the port side leaving Naples (but quite a way away). Neither of those things would influence my cabin location.

No different than being in a hotel room; you may hear someone using the bathroom.

I was looking at booking a cruise on the Epic with 2 kids. Previously we had a mini suite. I like the pictures of the Epic but is concerned about the bathroom design. With 4 of us in the room, someone will need a bathroom break during the night, disturbing others. How did you find this aspect?

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on the same cruise 5/22. We went on last year at this time as my husband loves going to Monte Carlo during the Grand Prix weekend. I thought there was great late night entertainment in several of the lounges. There was a party on Thursday night called, “White Hot Party”, where most people wore white. It was our first time on NCL, last May and really enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked in 11090 in March out of Port Canaveral and I just noticed we're across from the elevators. Do the elevators open toward the middle of the ship or into my cabin? Thanks.

Wonderful Cruise!! A few cloudy days but the ship was ready for it. Never seemed crowded. Shows were all fun and entertaining. Two couples , we took three NCL excursions Naples, Rome & Pisa. All were great fun! Balcony cabin was very comfortable and had lots of storage. Cabin steward was great! The food and service in the dinning rooms was also very good. UBP worked without a problem!!

Hi, I noticed you cruised with a large group of 10. I will be on the Epic in 3 weeks with a group of 8. I was wondering how easy it was to communicate with your group? They put my husband and I in a cabin at the end of the ship and my 2 teen daughters & 24 year old sister in the middle of the ship. Judging from the size of the ship, I have a feeling it is far from our cabin & will feel better if knowing I can reach them at all times. Can you text on the ship? Is there a fee? Thanks for your input!

Hi, I noticed you cruised with a large group of 10. I will be on the Epic in 3 weeks with a group of 8. I was wondering how easy it was to communicate with your group? They put my husband and I in a cabin at the end of the ship and my 2 teen daughters & 24 year old sister in the middle of the ship. Judging from the size of the ship, I have a feeling it is far from our cabin & will feel better if knowing I can reach them at all times. Can you text on the ship? Is there a fee? Thanks for your input!

NCL had an app you can download that will allow you to text each other on the ship without additional fees. It's $7.95 per phone to set it up. Be sure to download it before you go. I believe it's called iConcierge.

You can also leave messages on the cabin phones or use post-its on your doors. :)

It's a big ship, but of course most of it's taken up with cabins. You may find that you typically hang out in the same places on the ship so it may not be as difficult to find others as you think. I'm sure my friends checked the spa first if they were looking for me. :D

Hi, hubby & I are taking our first ever cruise, Epic 29th June, I am getting so bamboozled with the excursions really don't know what to do, book ahead or do our own thing? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated please.

Hi, hubby & I are taking our first ever cruise, Epic 29th June, I am getting so bamboozled with the excursions really don't know what to do, book ahead or do our own thing? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated please.

Hi Maymark - just off the Epic in Marseille last Saturday, had a fantastic time! I only wanted to do excursions in Rome and Pisa/Florence and I booked through http://www.stefanorometours.com They were fantastic, good at communicating and the tours themselves were just as we wanted. I booked for 8 people on both, with the option of cancelling or changing that up to 2 weeks before the date and nothing paid in advance. I then went onto the Roll calls here on CC - bearing in mind that it had 3 different joining ports, I went on all three! I commented on there and eventually various people wanted to join us. I then contacted these folks through email and arranged to meet or call them once on board. It all went very well thank goodness, but if you do go down this route, make sure to search for advice on CC on things to be wary of with shared trips, that helped (there's a thread here somewhere). Basically these turned out, even with 7 people instead of 8, at nearly half the price of the ship's excursions. Hope that helps! Louise

We have just booked a balcony cabin for the transatlantic cruise from Barcelona in October 2016 - does anyone know what the weather should be like during the cruise? Not quite sure what to pack lol :eek::confused:

Got back off the Epic on Sunday, Alot of what I have to say about it is already written on here so not going to do a long review but feel free to ask me anything and hopefully can answer...

I loved the cruise, all 10 of us did, felt like we were treated like royalty.. cabin cleaned twice a day, drinks practically poured down our necks, amazing food, great entertainment, all staff seemed happy and couldn't do enough for us, the ship is massive but very clean and well run in my opinion!

I go on holiday alot and have always said, you get what you pay for! Not true this time, felt like we had paid 3 times the amount to get what we got, Well done NCL/Epic!!!!!

Hello . We booked the Epic 7 night western european cruise from Rome to france , spain, italy and back to Rome.

Was wondering what the exacct port charges are ??

I was quoted different port charges, seeemed like they were using the port charges as a tool to increase the fares.

What did you guys pay ? :confused:

My last cruise was on the Breakaway and their elevators opened in a center hallway with passageways to the outer walkways where the rooms are on the right and left forward and rear of that on port and stbd sides.

Would you mind terribly forwarding them to me, too? drmalnp @ gmail.com. Thanks in advance!!!

They are fine the right size but only getting them as a thumbnail on here!!! I am beaten lol

What's your email, will send them to you

For days at sea - I want to swim - someone mentioned adult sun deck with pool toward back of ship - cannot find it on Norwegian's website

Spice H20 - was reading someone's notes - now cannot find the comment

What is Spice H20

I would love to have one back massage due to chronic should pain -

any one to recommend?

I am going solo for first time in my life & will be in studio -

where does a long rolling duffle go in 100 sq Ft.

Best, katiekayak

Responses below...

I would love to have one back massage due to chronic should pain -

any one to recommend?

Are you asking about what style of massage? If I were you I'd talk with my doctor about what he or she suggests since you have a condition that could be either helped or aggravated by a massage.

I am going solo for first time in my life & will be in studio -

where does a long rolling duffle go in 100 sq Ft.

Under the bed. You'll be surprised by how much storage space there is in the studio cabins! I had a large suitcase and carry-on and they fit easily under the bed with room for the NCL-provided baskets that are already under the bed.

Best, katiekayak

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

We have just booked a balcony cabin for the transatlantic cruise from Barcelona in October 2016 - does anyone know what the weather should be like during the cruise? Not quite sure what to pack lol :eek::confused:

In October in the Med be prepared for warm days but the possibility of all weathers. Layers are the way to go.

Once you get into the atlantic portion of the cruise - I have no idea.

Hi. We were on the Epic earlier this month - boarded in Rome. Did not do any ship excursions as we found them ridiculously priced. We used Cant be Missed Tours in Naples (Pompeii, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast) around 69E a person. Highly recommend - it was a comfortable bus, with a great tour guide. We used Barcelona Day Tours in Barcelona, about 59E per person - picked up at port, sightseeing, visit inside Parc Guell, and we had a drop off at Sagrada familiglia since we had afternoon tickets for that but they will take you back to port if you choose. Didn't do tours in Cannes or Marseilles. For Florence, we organized a transport only group from our roll call. Used Share a Shore Excursion. They were terrific.

You might have more luck finding info about discussions if you go to the "ports" boards for the cities you are looking for excursions in. Also, sign up for your roll call as there may be opportunities on that board to share excursions for a fraction of the price NCL is charging.