Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

B3 - is deck 12 or 13 better?

we think deck 12 is not that noisy, right?

12053, 12081 and 12014 - which cabin would you recomend?

Deck 12 should be less noisy then deck 13 which has the pool deck overhead.

Also Deck 13 has a massive overhang from deck 14 along most of its length , so if you are a sun worshipper Deck 13 may not be for you ( Some cabins are not under the overhang)

12053 has a suspisious "white space" opposite it . This may be a source of noise such as a crew access to a stair case or it may be nothing much to write home about, such as an electrical/ power room.

12014 will be the one of the three with the greater likelihood of some movement.

12081 is very convenient for the lift and is not directly opposite the lift lobby entrance.

Thr order I would rate them is 1st 12081: 2nd 12014: 3rd 12053

Pete

Edited by Skier52

This thread is amazing. Thank you! I'm looking for info/opinion on 8145 and 8147. Much appreciated.

First the good news:-

8147 is at 90 degrees to the normal cabin direction and so has a larger than average balcony.

Now the not so good news:-

However it is deep in the recess up against the middle hump wall and on a level with the top of a life boat. Not one of the best balconies, in fact I would go so far to say in terms of outlook it has to be one of the worst. but it is bigger than most.

8145:-

the only good thing is to say it has a balcony and is bigger than an inside (but probably costs more). It is also deep in the recess and additionally is almost behind the one of the two lifeboats which have davits that are higher than the rest (the next door cabin 8143 is directly behind and defined on tne deck plans as "having a partially obsructed view") and again has a limited field of view.

If it is your first experience of a balcony you wil probably be somewhat disappointed, if you have some experience of balconies and like them because they give access to the outside world with a bit of privacy then 8147 gives that little bit more space . If you don't like too much sun then that's what you'll have, not too much sun.

I would have to have a price the same as , or just a little higher (just a few dollars more) than an ocean view before I would consider them myself

Anyway here is a picture with the two cabins pointed out

81457.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

This thread is amazing. Thank you! I'm looking for info/opinion on 8145 and 8147. Much appreciated.

I've found this image of the sort of view you will get from these cabins

Courtesy of cruisetrail

from page 7 of this thread

4_zps8c88fd54.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your help.

Ended up booking with vivavoyage, cabin 10056.

I think it's a regular one.

Glad to be of assistance.

Thanks for the kind words of appeciation

10054 is a nice regular cabin in a very nice location, and I trust that vivavoyage will give you good service and that you'll be able to recommend them as a TA worth talking to/getting a quote from at the very least.

Pete

Hi, do you have info for cabin 11226.

Thank you in advance!

It is on the corner of the rear hump and will have great views.

It is 192 sq ft (168 living space, 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony

Great cabin

Enjoy it.

Pete

PETE

WHAT ABOUT fANTASIA 9177

It is a standard balcony cabin in the centre of rear recess; if it is the same as Divina (which i suspect it is ) it is 192 sq ft (168 living space, 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony. it has the BELLA experience.

The rear recess on Fantasia is much larger than Divina's so the limiting of the field of view is less and not such a problem.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

Hello, Do you know the details for 5044?

Thanks

Hello, Do you know the details for 5044?

Thanks

Its 186 sq ft, (living 162, bathroom 24). it has 2 upper beds . it comes with the Bella experience

It's a lot bigger than the 140 sq ft cabin i had on Opera for the UK to RSA repo last October, ad we enjoyed our cruise, so it should be an OK cabin. May be a wee bit cramped if there are 4 of you.

Have a great cruise

Pete.

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Pete,

That is so helpful. There are 4 of us, but I think that size is probably larger than an inside cabin with Disney and we had 4 in that one. Any details or info on upgrades with MSC?

Upgrades on MSC are a mystery !!:confused:

there are 3 sources.

1) MSC CLUB MEMBERSHIP :- Black card holders are supposed to get the "best catagory upgrade"

2) EXPERIENCE:- Fantastica and Aurea have "opportunity to choose among the best cabins available" which MAY refer to upgrades.

3) GENERAL MARKETTING:- As with all ships, as the less numerous cabins sell out (insides and to a lesser extent OVs) they get upgraded to the unpopular balcony cabins eg restricted view. so as to be able to keep the headline price as low as possible by always keeping some insides available to book.

There is a thread in which people are bemoaning the FREE upgrades to the Yacht Club :eek:

link :- http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159754

From reading the various threads there seems to be no lack of upgrades , so you might strike it lucky. I not sure how easy an upgrade for four in a cabin is.

Good luck with the upgrade fairy and enjoy your cruise.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 2 weeks later...

We had booked our cabin last spring 5/2014 and when I received my confirmation Friday that they had changed port times for the Divinis 26/Sep 10 day Med that my cabin had been changed. It's now listed as a B2 fantastica but I don't feel like it really is a Fantastica experience/still looks Bella but a different room/different deck. And now we are in the back of the ship. I'm not very pleased. :(

Edited by Jenna1983

You will be pleased. More perks for Fantastica!

I read though on MSC's site that if you get an upgrade like that it doesn't include any benefits for Fantastica- you remain with the amenities you booked under but what they feel is an upgraded cabin. My new confirmation doesn't show amenities like the fitness class discounts, breakfast in bed or whatever, room service etc that comes with the Fantastica, so I'm really not sure what to think.

<<Each experience upgrade will require a stateroom upgrade as well.

There are 3 types of upgrades:

- an Experience upgrade (e.g. from Balcony Bella to Balcony Fantastica)

- a stateroom category upgrade (e.g. from Inside Bella to Balcony Bella)

- an Experience and stateroom category upgrade (e.g. from Inside Bella to Balcony Fantastica)

Upgrades are subject to availability, and can be requested only during the validity of a certain promotion.

In the situation of technical upgrades (managed by MSC Cruises), the guest will benefit from the stateroom upgrade, excluding the content of the Experience (pre-cruise or on board). Therefore it would be a "stateroom only" upgrade, with same services originally paid by the guest.

(E.g. if you booked a Bella stateroom, you can be upgraded to a Fantastica stateroom, but you will keep the Bella experience you originally booked.) >>

<<How will the Inclusive Experiences work with pre-existing bookings?

If you have booked an interior, ocean view, balcony stateroom or suite before September 23, 2014, you will automatically receive the Fantastica Experience without the drink vouchers. Customers who have booked MSC Yacht Club suites will automatically receive the MSC Yacht Club Experience. >>

So even the site feels a bit contradictory!

Edited by Jenna1983