Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Thank you very much Pete! Very useful information! Do you think it'll be too loud for little ones to sleep? Not sure how bad can the lifts be.:)

It's not the lifts that are noisy but gests using them. as you ar near the rear most lifts the number of guests using them will be lower than other sets.

There is no way of telling what others may do. I would not be unduely worried as noise can affect any cabin purely because you have guests in the cabin next door

Pete

Any information on cabin 8239?

A standard balcony cabin of 192 sq ft with a balcony of 42 sq ft, opposite the entrance to rear most bank of lifts. Beneath is the promenade on deck 7 and there are no problems with the lifeboats obstructing the views which many deck 8 cabins have.

It is not far from being above the black and white lounge. Noise??? i'm not sure about that as it is not directly above it.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hey Pete!

I'm in need of your services/suggestions please.

If one had the urge to book a balcony cabin on Divina and wanted a bath, wanted not to be near a lift and would like to avoid the "depressing overhang" which cabin(s) would you recommend?

Hey Pete!

I'm in need of your services/suggestions please.

If one had the urge to book a balcony cabin on Divina and wanted a bath, wanted not to be near a lift and would like to avoid the "depressing overhang" which cabin(s) would you recommend?

The only cabins i know have baths are the YC suites and the forward facing cabins on decks 9, 10 and 11; but they don't have balconies. I'm sorry but I can't say any more about baths , maybe Bret can provide that information.

bUt for your other concerns

The overhang doesn't affect any of the balcony cabins on the forward or aft humps. Likewise if has little afffect on the cabins in the recessed areas on decks 9 and 10 and only a limited affect on cabins on deck 11.

But what does come into play is the walls of the humps. Saying that, to be away from the walls would give concerns over the bank of lifts and the "white" areas in the centre portion of the deck. They could be anything from a linen store cupboard to a well used access to crew stairs.

No cabins on the central hump fit you requirements

The rear recessed area would not fit your requirements at all

So that leaves the forward and rearmost humps

For the rear most hump any of the rearmost 4 or 5 cabins on decks 10. 11 or 12 should be OK. Unless of course you fancy a stern cabin the best ones are on decks 10 and 11

Deck 13 has the buffet above it and a large "white" are in the centre, so I would not recommend that deck rear hump

the forward hump

Any of the balconies in 13001 -13028 would be nice

the cabins have the spa above so shouldn't have any or very little noise from there. The white areas at the front of that deck are cabins for senior officers. so no problems there

12024 - 12049 (balcony cabins) would fit (lower No.s, have steel balconies)

11034 - 11057 (again balcony cabins) OK (lower No.s, have steel balconies)

10040 - 10057 (but not 10056 ot No.s lower than 10040 (lower No.s, have steel balconies)

Deck 9 all have steel balconies

Hope you can make sense of this

Pete

Sorry about the lack of info re. baths

Edited by Skier52

Hi, I have been looking for aft balconies on the 12 , but I have not seen one yet, could you tell me about cabin 12283 on Divina. Thanks

the room is the standard 192 sq ft and i believe the balcony is approx 60 - 65 sq ft so it's bigger than the standard 42 sq ft but smaller than deck 11 stern (95 sq ft) or deck 10 stern (118 sq ft)

Does anyone have comments on cabin 11143 on MSC Divina? Appears to be somewhat mid-ship. Not sure of dimensions, but based on what read here, I'm guessing it is 191 sq ft interior and 42 sq ft balcony? Does anyone know if it has a tub/shower combo? Thanks!

Bret

Could you please give me the details of cabin 11148.

Thanx

Marc

Does anyone have comments on cabin 11143 on MSC Divina? Appears to be somewhat mid-ship. Not sure of dimensions, but based on what read here, I'm guessing it is 191 sq ft interior and 42 sq ft balcony? Does anyone know if it has a tub/shower combo? Thanks!

Both 11143 and 11148 are the standard 192 sq. ft with a 42 sq, ft balcony

11143 will have a degree of a problem of shadow from the overhang of Deck 14

11148 will have much less of a problem (probably none at all, unless the sun is very high in the sky) with the deck 14 overhang casting shadows on the balcony

Sorry don't know about shower / bath combos

Pete

Edited by Skier52

what about cabin 9223 and 9224?

They are both "corner " balconies, by that i mean the are reccessed in and as such have limited fields of view, saying that they have larger than average square footage balconies.

the cabins are 192 sq. ft, I 'm not sure of the square footage of the balcony but here is an image of a standard balcony and a balcony similar to 9223/4

Corner balcony similar to 9003/4

balconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

Standard balcony

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

They are both "corner " balconies, by that i mean the are reccessed in and as such have limited fields of view, saying that they have larger than average square footage balconies.

the cabins are 192 sq. ft, I 'm not sure of the square footage of the balcony but here is an image of a standard balcony and a balcony similar to 9223/4

Corner balcony similar to 9003/4

balconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

Standard balcony

P1020628-1_zpsce4fb204.jpg

Pete

If you don't mind, may I throw in cabin 10137 for a quick review from you with dimensions. Just excited about it all

Thanks

one more Pete. 13101, please. Can you tell me square footage, couch situation, and bed/tub combo?

Thanks in advance so much! Not entirely thrilled with the overhand, but I ~do~ like shade on the balcony anyways.

Skier52, why do you repost my photos with URL address changed as if they were yours (!?) and with no credit to the author (post 219)?

I'm sorry, but when they closed your thread i though your valuable information and images would be lost so i saved some of them elsewhere in case it was pulled completely

If you care to look at posts

You will see that I credit your images to you

this one slipped through the net

Pete

Edited by Skier52