LaRoman Dominican Rep. Dreams Resort

Ravensfan19

Going on the Carnival Breeze next April, has any one been to the Dreams Resort, please give advice on that or any other worhwhile excursions on this island.

Thanks !!:)

A bunch of us are going to Dreams in November on the Breeze...will let you know what I think when I get back! We read good reviews over on the ports of call board as well.

We went to Dreams as a group on the Dream a year or so ago. It was amazing.It was an AI day, including beverages. We were greeted with champagne. The beach is very beautiful. We did some amazing snorkeling too. The infinity pool was wonderful. The bartender at the swim up bar was a real character. We never ate at the restaurant, but the burgers and dogs were very nice. There was a little boat on the beach that had been converted to a fresh fruit stand. YUM!!

The washrooms were neat and tidy. It was a very nice way to spend the day.

You will have to contact Dreams independently. I think they can also arrange transportation for you as well for an additional fee.

We went on Carnivals Bayahibe beach break when we were in LaRomana... talk about buyers remorse! Another group went to Dreams and had a blast!!

You will have to contact Dreams independently. I think they can also arrange transportation for you as well for an additional fee.

We went on Carnivals Bayahibe beach break when we were in LaRomana... talk about buyers remorse! Another group went to Dreams and had a blast!!

Thanks!:D

I emailed the resort and they stated transportation to the resort was your responsibility. The resort is about 25 minutes away by cab. We are planning on going there on our Freedom cruise in September. The resort stated that they wanted you to email them the names of the people in your group about 7-14 days out. I will let you know how the resort is after I get back!

Kim

Do you book this thru Carnival or is it independent?

We're doing what Krazy4Koko said...transport (not free but I think $10/pp if we fill up the cab/van) and then just pay cash to the resort when we get there.

I am so glad to see more good reviews here!!

Also, I hear they have an amazing swim up bar.

We had a large group from our roll call that went to Dreams last November. We did not have prearranged transportation. Just walked to the cab area and took 2 van loads of people to Dreams. We told the drivers what time we would like to be picked up and they were there, on time, waiting on us. We gave a number count to the resort, approx 2 weeks before we went. No money was paid up front. We paid when we arrived at Dreams. They greeted us with champagne. The food was good, the drinks were good and strong. Plenty of lounge chairs on the beach, and good amount of shade, if you desire. We had a wonderful day and will go back there, when in port again. Happy cruising~ :)

We had a large group from our roll call that went to Dreams last November. We did not have prearranged transportation. Just walked to the cab area and took 2 van loads of people to Dreams. We told the drivers what time we would like to be picked up and they were there, on time, waiting on us. We gave a number count to the resort, approx 2 weeks before we went. No money was paid up front. We paid when we arrived at Dreams. They greeted us with champagne. The food was good, the drinks were good and strong. Plenty of lounge chairs on the beach, and good amount of shade, if you desire. We had a wonderful day and will go back there, when in port again. Happy cruising~ :)

The route to Dreams from the port where the ship docks: Is it along a highway or on local roads?

The route to Dreams from the port where the ship docks: Is it along a highway or on local roads?

I would say both... I vaguely remember going through a security checkpoint. Make sure you take id . I think we just showed our S&S

It takes a while to get there but it's an interesting drive. Lots of development going on.

And the swim up bar was AMAZING

We went there this past January. Loved it!

I would recommend taking a copy of your e-mail confirmation. We had a little bit of a wait to get past security and for some reason they wanted us to leave ID, like a passport.

Also, I remember having a bit of an issue with the fence guard at the port. They didn't want to let us through if we didn't have an excursion reserved. Took some convincing to get through the gate to the taxis.

We were at Dreams Resort in March, and we loved it! They did ask for one person in the group to leave ID (they return it to you when you leave). They did greet us with a glass of champagne. The cost was $60 pp and included a towel, use of facilities, extensive buffet-style lunch, and all drinks. You pay cash upon arrival at the front desk. Alexis the bartender at the swim-up bar likes interacting with the patrons. There were 2 large pools (one is the swim-up infinity pool) as well as a beach area. I saw a massage station, although we didn't use it. The grounds are well kept. Some of the overnight guests were taking Spanish lessons during the morning hours. We are keeping Dreams LaRomana in mind in case we ever want to do an AI vacation. A few hours just wasn't enough! They have a FB page in case you want to check them out. The thumbnail below is of the swim-up bar/infinity pool at Dreams.

PIC_0518b.jpg.cd8bebcb0c6a9b91f686466b5d6affe6.jpg

Edited by CruzCrazy

Once you leave the ship, you will walk through "security gates", which is where the taxis are waiting. The roads were local roads. We didnt see any "highways". As someone else posted, there is a lot of construction going on. We passed over a small "river" mind you, and the taxi driver told us parts of the movies Anaconda and Rambo (with Sylvester Stallone), were filmed in that water. It was approx 15-20 minute drive to Dreams Resort. Cost was $60 per person and very well worth it. You will not be disappointed.