IAH to Galveston...BBQ stop

Cam Dizzle

Hundreds of BBQ places. I would suggest Buckees on I-45. If you don't have one in your state, this is an enormous gas station with a convenience store on steroids. Amazing place. They sell great bbq and deli style sandwiches and fudge and hundreds of other tourist stuff. It looks like a giant truck stop, but for cars, no 18-wheelers allowed.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I love me some Buccees, but it's not a sit down restaurant. It is worth the stop at Exit 17.

For dinner or lunch stop at Rudys. It's the NASA Parkway exit, go through two lights and turn left. Take the next right and follow the road around. It's right by Frys, Top Golf and Academy. Their pork ribs and moist brisket are some of the best.

Rudy's is a Texas chain, started near San Antonio and the food is excellent, you will be in and out quick.

Get me a sandwich, I live close!

Edited by BallFour4

Killen's in Pearland is a legit Texas BBQ joint.

http://www.tmbbq.com/killens-barbecue/

expect to stand in line for a long long time. I still haven't eaten there and I'm only about 6 miles away. I just refuse to wait in line for any food. On the weekends you can expect the line to go around the building, at least once.

We will be at off the NASA Parkway two days before our cruise, as we will be taking the tour the next morning before heading to Galveston that afternoon, so thank you for the Ruby's information.

We're headed there after mass today! Look for the man with the Knights of Columbus shirt on with the pretty wife.

Hope she reads this...

Edited by BallFour4

Andy's Hawg Wild Bar B Que in Pasadena is authentically Texas as they come. It is located in a residential neighborhood, family owned and run. We always stop by, when nearby.

Dickinson BBQ Company in Dickinson, another favorite of ours.

Red River Bar-B-Que and Grill in League City, also a stop for us.

Hope this helps, have a great trip!