Another laundry question

cpshaye

I've seen posts with the laundry costs. I've noticed that they have a wash and fold deal for a bag for $15. How big is this bag?

We're trying to pack light, and may want to do some laundry part way through, but I don't want to do it myself. I'd like to take advantage of the $15 deal, but wonder how much clothing that would actually be?

I've seen posts with the laundry costs. I've noticed that they have a wash and fold deal for a bag for $15. How big is this bag?

We're trying to pack light, and may want to do some laundry part way through, but I don't want to do it myself. I'd like to take advantage of the $15 deal, but wonder how much clothing that would actually be?

They are paper bags, for me they hold a couple of days worth of clothes. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions, but I'd say they'll hold about as much as a plastic grocery bag.

Just be careful with what you send to the standard "wash and fold" service. It gets put into the ship's big laundry machines which can be rough on clothes. I won't send stuff that I couldn't bear to have damaged. I've only had damage done once, some clothes got bleached out on the Ecstasy. To their credit, they compensated me for it (and then some) with a nice OBC.

We've had 2 pair dockers, 4 Hawaiian shirts, 3 women's cotton t shirts, 2 pair shorts, socks and underwear. That's look small but can be filled using the 'tetris' method.

Only send out sturdy clothes. Clothes that have been washed before. They are washed on hot and sent thru a hot mangle to dry.

Do not send anything delicate or that will bleed. Your laundry gets put into a mesh bag that is laundered with other mesh bags.

We take a pic of our laundry when we send it out.

I fit as much as I can in them. I roll the clothes up tiny to fit in the bag. Usually, when the clothes come back folded, they are in 2 or even 3 bags LOL.:o

They are quite small but you can fit a lot of rolled up clothes in them. Now if you are talking blue jeans...not so much.